lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
Randy018
Not Yet Wild

Question Ezgo 2003 txt standard, WONT MOVE Ugh !

Bought an ezgo 2003 txt standard.. Pulling my hair out. I dont have any cart fixin skills. numb chuck skills or bow hunting skills, but i have this cart. I can see the covers have been removed from the controller " i think curtis 1206". The solenoid has been replaced and the old one has a post broken or burnt off and was discarded in the basket. Seems all wires have been cleaned and connected. Installed new batteries. I have 37.8 volts across batteries, at all 4 motor posts, at all 4 fnr posts and at solenoid. THE SOLENOID CLICKS ONLY...I dont know the correct voltage for the controller plug? , I have read post after post here till i'm dazed and confused. I dont know how to check this controller to determine if its the issue. Is there a way to jump volts to the motor to determine if its good or bad? Might be dumb questions, but hoping for as simple as possible answers that might allows me to learn. I have lots of room for that. Thanks to ANYONE IN ADVANCE. Siting under the shade tree waiting on ???
Randy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo 2003 txt standard, WONT MOVE Ugh !

Try following this. It has worked for me in the past.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EZGOtroubleshooting.pdf (2.85 MB, 0 views)
Pique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
Randy018
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the fast reply Pique,, might be just what I needed for a cure or bigger headache,, lol,, thank you !
Old 08-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy018 View Post
Bought an ezgo 2003 txt standard.. Pulling my hair out. I dont have any cart fixin skills. numb chuck skills or bow hunting skills, but i have this cart. I can see the covers have been removed from the controller " i think curtis 1206". The solenoid has been replaced and the old one has a post broken or burnt off and was discarded in the basket. Seems all wires have been cleaned and connected. Installed new batteries. I have 37.8 volts across batteries, at all 4 motor posts, at all 4 fnr posts and at solenoid. THE SOLENOID CLICKS ONLY...I dont know the correct voltage for the controller plug? , I have read post after post here till i'm dazed and confused. I dont know how to check this controller to determine if its the issue. Is there a way to jump volts to the motor to determine if its good or bad? Might be dumb questions, but hoping for as simple as possible answers that might allows me to learn. I have lots of room for that. Thanks to ANYONE IN ADVANCE. Siting under the shade tree waiting on ???
New batteries need to be charged prior to first use and following each use there after.
At 37.8V they are only 88.5% charged. (38.2V would be 100% SoC)

The solenoid clicks when the pedal is pushed, so the problem is in the high-current circuit.
Most likely suspect is the F/R switch, but all the heavy cables and connections are suspects as well as the motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make sure all the lugs on theFNR switch are snug, even the center one. Also check the little 4 pin molex connector that connects the throttle pedal to the controller. (it should be located just under the controller between it and the FNR). Unplug it and clean with some contact cleaner.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm thinking possible FnR switch as well.. but if you had a melted post on the solenoid you may have another problem as well. Just to check the FnR switch.. Put cart in neutral preferably on jack stands, disconnect one of the main battery wires and isolate it.. Looking at the back of the FnR you have 4 posts at 6, 9, 12 and 3.. A, B, C, D.. Mark them and disconnect B and C. Shift cart to F and check for continuity between A-B and C-D.. You should get both but not on any other leg.. Now switch to R and check for B-C and A-D. If this checks out I'm thinking possibly motor or controller
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #7
Randy018
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much you guys for replying... Working on this today, I was going thru Piques troubleshooting manual,, i think i'm correct up to stage 41. Voltage between Batter B- ( I hope that means battery Negative?) and motor S1, I get 37.5 volts. So I stopped, not sure if I;m doing it right, was trying to go step by step. I read the replies. I will attempt to check those as well, Maybe in a bit, taking a break, Hot out, shop-less here. I appreciate all that replied..
Old 08-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #8
Randy018
Not Yet Wild

Ok, Update.... Skipping to K9SC's post. and others thinking possible FnR switch. I did as instructed, I have continuity between A-B but not on C-D. No continuity between other post. I dont want to use the assume word, but does that mean the FNR is bad? MGray. I'm about to check your suggestion also. Thank you Johnny B sir.. :-) I dont have a chance at this repair without you guys. Thanks a plenty. What do I do now?????
Old 08-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Could be a couple of things but if it is in the F position and A-B works but C-D does not you have an issue with these posts in the FnR switch. It could be a bad base plate, bad cam button or bad stud. Just to try to determine if this is your problem and hopefully on jack stands.. . With the FnR in F. Reconnect wires A(6) and B(9). Reconnect C(12) and D(3) and put a jumper to connect them together that can be removed without tools. Yes it is a loose connection but can be removed quickly if needed.. This will act as the switch and bridge those connections. Just to be sure before you hit the pedal... Look on the front of the cam to verify those 2 should be connected... Now hit the pedal and see if the motor spins. If yes, its time to tear apart the switch. If no... let us know..

DO NOT MOVE THE FnR LEVER CONNECTED THIS WAY.. BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN...

If it does spin. Remove the connector C-D connector wire so someone by mistake doesn't do this to you..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #10
Randy018
Not Yet Wild

Ok,, did that with the jumper., did not move,, yes its on stands.. Now my solenoid doesnt click and no continuity between solenoid post? whew ! Ideas??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO