lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
turn-n-burn
Gone Wild

Smile my vegas rx440 conversion thread

Hey everyone I finally got some time to sit down and start my thread. I bought an 89 Ds with a blown engine. I have been working on it for the last couple weeks in between my other body work jobs. I just ordered my RX400 from Vegas so I have been prepping the chassis. It was original when I got it but in pretty good shape for its age. I started by stripping it to a bare chassis and media blasting the frame. I found a couple cracked welds I had to tig up, but otherwise it had really good bones.

I ended up spraying it with dp50 epoxy and 3 coats of chassis black acrylic urethane

I then started re assembling the chassis. 6" a arm lift kit, new tie rod ends, new shackle bushings, new shocks, and of course shiny new 12s

I was hoping to replace the mono leaf with the coil overs in the pic but really had a problem. Getting the geometry right. Plus I felt it was just so stiff so please disregard them. Although it looks awesome it just doesn't work. ****.

So this is where it sits now. As soon as I get the engine in and I can get caught up on my other projects I can keep moving along. So far this is what I have bought for it

Vegas rx440, fully built with rod, cam, rockers, 30 mm keihin cv carb with electric choke, Vegas header

CPP driven clutch
94-c comet drive

Still undecided on what muffler to use

Lots of ideas for the exterior of the cart. Most everything bought but well get to that soon enough. Thinking candy tangerine and pearl white house of kolors on the shell.

I'm thinking this thing should haul the mail with the set up I have. We shall see. It's been a lot of fun so far. This is my first golf cart build but I hope to market these to people in my area since they are legal to drive on county roads. I have a g14 I just picked up for next winters project. This one has cost me enough so it has to sit lol.
turn-n-burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: my vegas rx440 conversion thread

Looks like you have a good start on this one. Everyone wants to know how the 440 runs not sure any are installed yet. Kind of need a stock clone to compare. My 420 runs good, found a walker quiet flow on amazon for $30 and used that. It sounds about like a larger lawnmower maybe a little quieter. Its very quiet under 1/4 throttle. I don't have a tailpipe on it either that would help it. I had robertson tt make me a custom header.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
turn-n-burn
Gone Wild

JC Whitney has glasspack mufflers with 1.5" inlets has anyone used a glasspack? Curious how quiet it would be
turn-n-burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's a glasspack so it wont be that quiet.
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
dubs27
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a mud motor muffler I bought for mine from NR Racing. Its not to loud but I really don't like the tone of it. Thinking of ordering one of the RLV mufflers Vegas carts sells he claims they are quieter then the ones for go carts. But didn't wanna dish out 65.00 and it be too loud
dubs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #6
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Im still on the lookout for an affordable QUIET exhaust option for these clones...

Seems the RLVs are too loud for some and just right for others.
geoffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
dubs27
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffw View Post
Im still on the lookout for an affordable QUIET exhaust option for these clones...

Seems the RLVs are too loud for some and just right for others.
Would you have a video of the quieter RLV?
dubs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps