lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Vegas carts gx440

First a little bit about me and my cart. I have a 2004 club car ds, i dont have a garage or any means of using one. I have a good amount of hand and power tools but nothing to get deep into fabrication with. I would like sooner or later upgrade the motor in my cart. I really like the out of box cost the the engines offered by vegas carts but have a few questions. If I basically wanted to buy an engine and some other mounting parts without having to fabricate anything for install what would I need? Really just trying to make a list of parts I would need without getting too crazy about top notch performance so I can set some sort of budget and start saving for a future upgrade. I appreciate everything in advance.
iKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Vegas carts gx440

Check with Geoff,I believe he has a swap-kit for Club-Cars.The swap-kits are usually a bolt-in pkg.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

iKAB,

We are working on swap kits as I type this...Im 90% done with the mount & exhaust kits and should have them available for sale by early April.

EZGO kits will follow in May and Yamaha afterwards.

I can tell you that the Club Car is far and away the easiest swap and is my personal favorite.

Call us anytime! We love to chat!

-Geoff
geoffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for responding, I'll definitely drop you a line sometime because what you offer is way more practical (for me) than a v-twin kit. This cart is kind of a project for me and my 9yr old daughter. And a full install kit would be very nice, especially for people with limited resources like me.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds good! It wont have as much torque as a V-twin but its still a huge upgrade over stock and you dont need a lift/tires :)
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Wellllll, right now my cart is completely stock, but I have a 6" lift and 23x10-14 sitting in that basement waiting for warm weather to install. This cart will mostly be for a atv trail that is extremely well maintained, my plan is to pack a lot of beer and have my daughter drive the 50mile trail and me get a good buzz going. Quality time you know. Lol
Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep, at the end of the day...thats all that really matters :)
Old 03-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
STSClays.com
Getting Wild

Now you need to produce a kit that will convert an electric cart to a Clone Engine. That is where the butter is because there are a TON of used Electric Carts out there cheap because of Dead Batteries!

Joe
STSClays.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #9
iKAB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm sure that would be a hot selling kit, elec. to gas.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Elec has no reverse in the trans, and you have no cvt/transmission. You pretty much need the entire rear axle and cvt from a gas cart, then mounts for it all and the engine.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps