lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #21
kmartz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: So ready to start turkey hunting!!!

Congtulations OTF. That is one big bird all the way around. Care to share the plot and any pics for us? Inquiring minds want to know!
kmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #22
joshS
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: So ready to start turkey hunting!!!

We had a 6 year old kill his first one today'' he had a 8 inc.beard 1 3/8 spurs. With a 410. SMOKED HIM AT 15 YARDS ....
joshS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #23
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartz View Post
Congtulations OTF. That is one big bird all the way around. Care to share the plot and any pics for us? Inquiring minds want to know!
My home putter not powering up since storm killed my power a few days ago, but I have pics on my phone so as soon as my putter is back up I'll post some pic's. But as far as the hunt. it was 10 am I was in my ameristep g-30 ground blind sitting over my pretty boy pretty girl decoy set up, Tom came running in to fight the decoy, soon as I had a clear shot I dropped him at 20 yards with my 12ga with 3 1/2" hv load #5 shot.
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #24
kmartz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Saturday, day #6 was nicer. We never got the t-storms that were predicted. I expected rain so I only went out till 9:30. No gobbling at all. I just kind ‘a stayed in one area and called waiting for a down pour any minute. It never came!

You guys have heard of flipping the switch on gobbling. Well, day # 7 (Monday) was that day. I heard 4-7 different gobblers and saw 3-5 different ones. I say different because 3 may have been the same birds. Right at 6 am I heard gobbling and busted 5 hens off the roost. I was pumped because the gobbling was close and I believed the boys knew where the hens were supposed to be. I was working one and two came in on me from the left. I wasn't prepared for them. They smelled a rat and went toward the other gobbler after coming to 40 steps away. My decoy was directly between us and I think they looked past her and noticed me. They never really gave me a chance to swing and shoot. But it got better fast. I sat until 6:45 and then struck off. 15 minutes I got a response from my crow call and the game was on. I snuck 175 yards up a drainage ditch to get even or above and crow called again. Perfect! less than 100 yards and I was even with him. "Him" turned out to be 3. I pointed my gun out this road and the little boogers came to my right. Do you sense a theme? They worked parallel, started to putt, and seemed skittish. When the first one went behind a tree I swung the gun and shot when he came out the other side. At the time I decided to disregard spooking the other 2 and take a chance on moving the gun. After not being prepared on the morning 2 I chose to take a risk. I must check my camo after being pegged twice. Coincidence? I don't know. I will post pics and details when I get home to my pc.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #25
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Do you use that sportswash laundry detergent? It works real well. If you wash camo in regular gain/tide type detergent, you'll stick out like a sore thumb to deer or turkeys...
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #26
kmartz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My last washing was standard detergent. I forgot to consider UV brighteners. I knew scent was not a concern so I did not use my "hunting soap". Thanks for the reminder on washing clothes.

17lbs 10oz, 3/4" spurs, 10" beard. 12 gauge Stoger, 3" Federal heavy shok #7's, 50 steps

Old 04-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #27
rocknrone

E-Z-GO

Oh Boy! What a nice bird! and What a nicer place to hunt! Man, that's a pretty spot there! Wish I could get out of the flatlands of SC, and hunt some rolling hills and valleys...Oh well, maybe one day! Regardless, congrats on the tom. I just found out my season's over. It doesn't officially end until Sunday, but I have to work 6am-6pm every day right through the weekend.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #28
Reveye
Getting Wild

Club Car

My 16 year old son got his first turkey ever this past Monday morning. 21 pounds, 10 inch beard.

Rev
Reveye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #29
rocknrone

E-Z-GO

That's cool! Got my first when I was 16 too! Congrats to you and him! I can't wait til my son gets old enough to go with me!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #30
kmartz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

That's one BIG smile to go with one BIG bird. It has a beautiful fan. Hey Reveye, is that Chesapeake Bay in MD? Any details on the hunt?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing