lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
bikenhunt
Not Yet Wild

Default low gears & high revs or stock gears big torque?

Hello all. Have 2001.5 ezgo 36v series, 400A altrax, 4ga cables. typical hunting lifted 22" tires. Cant decide if low gears (15:1) and a high rpm motor would be better than stock 12:1 gears with beast.
Im considering 48v that will help my speed and torque, but torque is my big issue. low gears and the beast would seem too much on low end and i'd creep along at 5mph . Thanks in advance.
bikenhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: low gears & high revs or stock gears big torque?

I would suggest you go to 48v first. Your alltrax controller should be rated for 36-48v, you have 4ga wiring, add a HD solenoid and 2 6v and your ready to ride. You can charge your two extra batteries separtely with a 12v charger. I have an old 82 ezgo converted to controller and at 48v it has all the torque I need around deer camp. Cart has 4" lift and 22" tires. Mine is capable of 72v, but it is too scary fast on logging roads at that voltage. I also have a CC stock with 6" lift and 23" tires and does great for my use. It will run over fallen timber(say 6" diameter) with no problems. You don't need to go overboard unless you really have some exteme mud or hills to conquer.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default Re: low gears & high revs or stock gears big torque?

A buddy of mine has the "beast" 390? and has 6:1 gears....I believe. The cart is a 36 volts (ez go), he removed the the pds and basically made it a series cart. Anyway, I will copy him on my next cart...he runs 27mph, burns rubber or wheelie out of the hole and has a ton of torque. It will climb straight up wall. I have seen this personally, he also has a 700 amp controller and 23" with a 6" lift. The entire conversion cost about 2k, well worth it..INMOP. His handle on here is "Afix", if you have any questions.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!