lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 PM   #21
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Club Car Silver Standard

Just to clarify, can you confirm that the reason the motor will not come out is because it is no longer attached to the outside casing due to my inadvertent removal of the screws on the end cap of the motor casing where the speed sensor goes?
Pepe30269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2019, 08:46 PM   #22
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe30269 View Post
Just to clarify, can you confirm that the reason the motor will not come out is because it is no longer attached to the outside casing due to my inadvertent removal of the screws on the end cap of the motor casing where the speed sensor goes?
Yes and no. Some of these motors get “fused” or attached to the splined shaft that connects to the transfer case at times. Even with the case still on the motor this can happen.

Dave can likely give you a solution, but your casing no longer being attached is absolutely a possible factor.

If it were me, and it’s not, but if it were 8 would take off wheels, drop the axle, and work on the entire assembly on a bench at this point. By the time you figure out a solution to do the job while it is mounted, and fight with it to do so, you’d save half the time dropping the axle and having better access to the motor.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:42 AM   #23
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

FairTax... awesome. I did indeed get the clearance I needed to remove the case. It is heavy. Thank you.

All, I cannot get the leverage to pull the armature (I think that is what you folks were calling it) off. I think if I hung upside down in the garage I might have the right angle. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Either way I will give this another shot tomorrow or Friday.

Thank you!

Pepe Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor stuck 2003.jpg (238.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2019, 07:21 PM   #24
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hello friends:

I worked on this today and where I am now is the motor casing will not fully slide over the motor. It stops about 1 1/2 inches from being flush. When it reaches that stopping point there is still a little give which tells me I am not metal to metal.
I noticed just inside the casing there are four black "buttons" that are spring loaded.
Maybe they have to be pushed in to allow the casing to clear the motor but I don't see how one could reach them as the casing is covering. Please look at pictures. thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: png GCGAP 1.png (912.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg gc black button.jpg (85.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2019, 08:43 PM   #25
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You are going to have to take the end cap off the motor. This will allow you to pull the brushes out of there holder and slide the outer case of the motor onto the armature. Then you will need to use the long screws to get the bearing retainer in place to put the end cover on.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:03 AM   #26
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Am I taking off the end cap as shown in the picture? The end where the speed regulator is (the end that I show in the pictures?)
Old 07-01-2019, 06:17 AM   #27
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe30269 View Post
Am I taking off the end cap as shown in the picture? The end where the speed regulator is (the end that I show in the pictures?)
Yes
Old 07-01-2019, 11:15 PM   #28
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you Mr. Golf aka OSS. I would love to hear your story someday. I would imagine that if I said "Thank You" for providing and protecting my freedom, that would be in line? If so, a sincere thank you.
I struggled getting the bolts off the end cap last night but didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to it. I am going to give it another try now. Truly appreciate your help...

Mike (Pepe)
Old 07-02-2019, 05:38 AM   #29
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You are very welcome, I like many others have learned almost everything I know about carts from reading post on this website, also making mistakes working on them. The GE motor like you have was one of my first of many. I took mine to a repair shop when I removed those screws from the bearing retained. Turns out he did a lot more damage to my cart that I wound up paying for. That's when I found this site. done all my own cart work from then on.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:44 AM   #30
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You need to get the armature off the axle. There’s almost no way you’ll get the bearing retainer lined back up and attached properly with it in the cart. You need the whole motor out and on the work bench.
If you can’t get enough leverage to pull the armature off you’ll need to remove the axle from the cart.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car