lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2019, 07:26 AM   #11
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 Club Car DS - Lift question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr32 View Post
Just bought a 1996 Club DS electric that I plan to convert to gas and also do a lift. I was looking at the 6" lift from the link shown below. Is this kit a good kit to go with or would another be more recommended?

Thanks in advance for your help.

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/6...-gas-electric/

I have this kit, it was fairly easy to put on. We put it on in a couple hours with a shop with a good amount of tools. I wouldn't try to do this with a small toolbox unless you are ok with running to the store once or twice. A small impact makes it easier. Order new front and rear bushings and new shocks before you do it. I did my rear shocks, front are easy to get to later in my opinion. But if you have it apart you might as well do the rear shocks and bushings because they are probably junk. If not they will be new so you wont' have to mess with them for awhile.

Kit is nice, can be had direct from Steeleng Golf Carts via their website for $220 shipped. I ordered mine on monday and it showed up on thursday. They were very helpful when I called them. Gives cart quite a bit of clearance. Feels pretty stable, I wouldn't worry about that. I did quite a bit of research and its the best value as well, I didn't find anything with that much lift for that price. The closest 4" lift I found cost another 60$

I asked in a facebook group as well as here, lots of people are running that 6" lift. As long as you want the height or don't care how high it is to get into, then its a good deal in my opinion. I didn't really care about how high It would be, but did surprise me that it now is higher to get onto than my dads polaris ranger. Doesn't bother me, might bother some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr32 View Post
Making some progress this week in the garage on the new project. I ended up making a rear swing-arm with coil-over springs for the forward/reverse transmission, bought and installed new 20" tires and a 1" front lift block. As soon as I get it running, I while pass along some pictures and a ride video.

I looked around and these tires/wheels seem liked a good deal for the money and wanted to share the link in case anyone else is also looking for tires for their lifted project.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20x8-00-10-...frcectupt=true

You'll have to double check (you could email or call Steeleng) but I was told on here that 8" wheels will not work on these a arm lift kits. Having said that, 20" will look pretty small with a 6" lift. Might be ok with a 4" lift, but I think you'll have a lot of open space between body and tires if you go with 6" lift and 20" tires. I did 23" tires and this 6" lift and it looks about right. has plenty of power to turn them, and the tires look like good. I am sure that had I gone with less than a 22" tire I would have ended up getting bigger ones because it would look goofy. Thats just my opinion, I have attached a picture.

You can find some decent deals (nothing for $35 a piece but still decent deals) on steel rims with 22-23" tires for a good price. I had $340 in my 23" wheels with 12" steel rims

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-FOUR...kAAOSwj61cYbWu

looks like price just went up $5 in the last two weeks but still the best deal I could find for that big of rim/tire combo.

I have attached a picture so you can see what mine looks like, I put it on a couple weeks ago and had all of these questions. Just trying to give you some help / save you some digging/price shopping
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift2.jpg (116.7 KB, 0 views)
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts