lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2018, 07:59 AM   #1
wa5eml
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad boy ambush buggy

My brother in law gave me his 2014 BAD BOY AMBUSH Hybird BUGGY because it died. He got tired of throwing money at it with the controller replacement in April. I have been trying to figure out the controller signal lines to trouble shoot it. The "electric" side works only if the electric toggle switch is on and the OFF/R/N/F switch is turned to R or F. If it is moved to another position after controller initialization nothing happens. LEDs on the switch do not follow the changed positions. The switch has to be turned off then turned to either the Reverse or Forward position to get the thing to go. The Gas position does not allow the engine to start. I think there is a controller problem. As others have posted my brother in law was frustrated with the dealer and the manufacture's lack of help and documentation. I would love to get a "Technician's service and repair manual like EZGo has to get me better equipped to troubleshoot this thing.
wa5eml is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Bad boy ambush buggy

Welcome!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:35 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:55 AM   #4
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to the madness.
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:20 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:21 AM   #6
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #7
Erle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I can email you a copy. Give me your email. ALSO, is wa5emi your ham radio call letters? I'm a Ham, WA5UDQ & your call sounds very familiar.

Erle
Erle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:14 PM   #8
wa5eml
Not Yet Wild

Here is what appears to be the controller manual I found. It is for a Curtis 1234 motor controller. I am in the process of pulling the one in my buggy to get the info off the label (not such an easy task). This manual gives the pin outs and descriptions I have been looking for, Hopefully with your manual of the buggy wiring this carts problem can be tracked down.

http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/Curtis...2_34_36_38.pdf
wa5eml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa5eml View Post
Here is what appears to be the controller manual I found. It is for a Curtis 1234 motor controller. I am in the process of pulling the one in my buggy to get the info off the label (not such an easy task). This manual gives the pin outs and descriptions I have been looking for, Hopefully with your manual of the buggy wiring this carts problem can be tracked down.

http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/Curtis...2_34_36_38.pdf
The pinouts shown in the manual will likely not be of too much help because they are for an undefined controller with just the basic OS (Operating System) and no VCL (Vehicle Control Language) compiled into that OS. A VCL will redefine inputs and outputs for specific functions for a given OEMs requirements. Once a VCL has been compiled into the OS, it cannot be removed. You would have to start over with the same Version/Revision OS and write/compile a new VCL into that OS using the Curtis utility WinVCL.

I'm an amature radio operator as well, not very active anymore. I was more active when I was working.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:23 PM   #10
joeyandrus06@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

I was hoping you could tell me if you found out the problem I have a bad boy buggy ambush 2014 that is doing the same thing as soon as you turn the key on to forward it works in Electric mode but if you turn it to reverse without turning the key back off it will not do anything until you turn the key back off and reset the controller any information you could tell me thank you so much Joe
joeyandrus06@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller bypass, controller repair
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO