lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default DS 2002 CC not charging

Ibacked my CC out today just o/s the garage door,,,,,Drove it back in an hour or less later.15' i guess both ways.Went about working on my 55 chevy project. Went back out to move it out again hour later..Nothing! Turn key on place it in run, no buzzer for reverse gear. So checked the "big plug". from the charger to the cart -placed that in the socket, under the seat cushion, in front of it. Wiggled and it did start charging ,the needle,on my charger shows a little charge 3 4 amps not quite to 5 mark.and goes right back to zero in few seconds while i stand there watching . Put the cart in "run" nothing won't move I .flip the switch to tow...nothing. Still the 8 volt batteries are year old, all test around 9.5 volts ,.Is there something i am overlooking -

from this description. It can't be to serious. any help ideas anything thanks much for taking the time to read this post bob s

ps this little cart has run flawless for 2 years or more now.
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: DS 2002 CC not charging

Something is amiss as if you have over 9vdc on each battery, you should have an operable cart regardless of the charger status.

Is the pack voltage actually ~54vdc? Because if so, the charger would come on and then drop back out after sensing that charge.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #3
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Something is amiss as if you have over 9vdc on each battery, you should have an operable cart regardless of the charger status.

Is the pack voltage actually ~54vdc? Because if so, the charger would come on and then drop back out after sensing that charge.
The pack voltage last nite was individualy 9.2-3 volts close. checked all 6 batteries 54.5 now this morning they are all...checked same way -just over 8 volts 8.2, thank you for the help ~ NoleFan anything i said make sense. i checked with a multi meter this am for Ac voltage"the big gray plug" from the neutral short pin to either of the long pins ,in the plug i got nothing at all. Charger was plugged directly into the wall.Whats the next idea? thanks for the help to those who stop by to help bob s
Old 03-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

8.2/battery is a little low, but still enough you should be getting a power to the solenoid and controller when you energize the switch. No b/u alarm or anything else point us in another direction. I guess the first and easiest thing is to remove your battery cables and clean and retighten each one of them and make sure you are not losing contact somewhere. Be sure to have the run/tow switch in "tow" if you have a Regen or Sepex cart before touching the batteries or any other electrical component. Check all your cables and connectors. Then when done, see if it works.

If not, it will be time to start troubleshooting the switches, solenoid, etc. Could have lost the (-) too. If that is a Series cart some of them came from the OBC.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #5
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
8.2/battery is a little low, but still enough you should be getting a power to the solenoid and controller when you energize the switch. No b/u alarm or anything else point us in another direction. I guess the first and easiest thing is to remove your battery cables and clean and retighten each one of them and make sure you are not losing contact somewhere. Be sure to have the run/tow switch in "tow" if you have a Regen or Sepex cart before touching the batteries or any other electrical component. Check all your cables and connectors. Then when done, see if it works.

If not, it will be time to start troubleshooting the switches, solenoid, etc. Could have lost the (-) too. If that is a Series cart some of them came from the OBC.
This last paragraph--------lost the(-)does this mean -the ground wire in the cart -----or the ( - } in supply cord from the charger to the cart?? bob s
Old 03-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Talking about the negative for the cart. the 12v -

I am pretty sure (not positive) that your charger was coming on and dropping back out after a few minutes last night because your pack was well over 54 volts (by your own readings posted) and the charger sensed it and shut back off. Your cart appears to have an electrical problem and is not energizing so we need to identify where that point is at and try to reestablish it or determine what has failed in the series.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #7
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: DS 2002 CC not charging

Quote:
Talking about the negative for the cart. the 12v -

I am pretty sure (not positive) that your charger was coming on and dropping back out after a few minutes last night because your pack was well over 54 volts (by your own readings posted) and the charger sensed it and shut back off. Your cart appears to have an electrical problem and is not energizing so we need to identify where that point is at and try to reestablish it or determine what has failed in the series.
Cleaned the posts. And its charging now. Think i got it! I thank you for the help Nolefan/ be back again one of these days bob s
Old 03-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Glad you are rolling again!
Old 03-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
Rexx321
Not Yet Wild

Agreed
Rexx321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car