lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #1
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Question for CTD or TahoeDog or anyone who has installed Alpha Body Kit....

So I am building a cart for a good friend. He wants the Alpha Body Kit from Madjax etc. my question for anyone who has installed this kit: The rear tail lights and front headlights appear to have different connections than the standard rear and front bucket harness connections that may come with a standard light kit.
Does the Alpha kit come with the needed harness or do I purchase that separate? And if so where?
CTD or TahoeDog, if you carry this product line I would be interested in buying from you versus someone I don't know.

In addition I have a few questions about a extension/limo kit(s) too. But I'll not be a greedy *******. I'll simply be content knowing the above answer for now.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Question for CTD or TahoeDog or anyone who has installed Alpha Body Kit....

i am not a retailer

i have not installed the Alpha Body Kit

it comes with Plug and Play Bucket Harness

so i would say it will not need any other connections
Old 08-04-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Question for CTD or TahoeDog or anyone who has installed Alpha Body Kit....

I'm sorry. I can't help you either. I've never installed one.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:14 AM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wow. Now I'm scared to take on the dang project if the guru's haven't done it. Is this an ominous warning for me??? Hahahaha. Appreciate the input regardless.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
crash test dummy

if you do it and need wiring help i would gladly help

the video looks straight forward

he says plug the lights into your harness
Old 08-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
if you do it and need wiring help i would gladly help

the video looks straight forward

he says plug the lights into your harness
Gracias friend. I watched the vid and it doesn't seem complicated. I was just worried I needed a completely different light harness kit that may be sold separately etc. outside of the initial full kit.

Probably no harder than the Phantom cowling etc.

None the less appreciate your willingness to help.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:12 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
Wow. Now I'm scared to take on the dang project if the guru's haven't done it. Is this an ominous warning for me??? Hahahaha. Appreciate the input regardless.
Don't be afraid to do it. I simply haven't done it because I'm not a MadJax dealer.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:07 PM   #8
TheCableGuy
Not Yet Wild

I've done it 5 times. The wiring harness is slightly different, and yes it comes with the body. The instructions were not up to date at the time I did mine. They have changed since it was designed. The front headlights are iffy at best. They don't use wing nuts as shown in the directions and videos, they changed to cheap screws that don't work well.
The tail lights when installed don't seem to fit perfect, but that's just how they sit. Be careful with the grill, the two center bolts that affix the support bracket to the body will go through far enough to push out on the grill.
Other than that, it's pretty simple. If you get the optional cowl intake cover, the screws and preset attachment points are a royal pain to align. Don't over tighten.
TheCableGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #9
crash test dummy

good to know
Old 08-12-2017, 08:03 PM   #10
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
I've done it 5 times. The wiring harness is slightly different, and yes it comes with the body. The instructions were not up to date at the time I did mine. They have changed since it was designed. The front headlights are iffy at best. They don't use wing nuts as shown in the directions and videos, they changed to cheap screws that don't work well.
The tail lights when installed don't seem to fit perfect, but that's just how they sit. Be careful with the grill, the two center bolts that affix the support bracket to the body will go through far enough to push out on the grill.
Other than that, it's pretty simple. If you get the optional cowl intake cover, the screws and preset attachment points are a royal pain to align. Don't over tighten.
Gracias friend. Appreciate the pro tips.

Tags
alpha body kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car