lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
voodoocr
Not Yet Wild

Default 1/2 speed not working on DS 99 with 1205-203 Curtis

Hi,

Recently got an FSI/Curtis 1205-203 controller to replace my 1204-410 which died. I now have no reverse at 1/2 speed !.

I checked wires to controller and have 5k (up pedal)to 0k (full throtlle) on throttle as expected for clubcar 99DS pot. then when I add the 1/2 speed resistor circuit as determined by the F/R switch in reverse I have 10K to 5K range which suggests the 1/2 speed resistor is being added to the circuit in series.

This is not what I want I believe and probably want 5k to 2.5K range when in reverse. (purple not connected to B- as it seems to interfere with operation). I have correct voltage of 4.6v on throttle up between B- and lower terminal In forward.

I have jumped green to white at microswitch 3 to give me full forward and reverse but this is not what I want because now my plug breaking is too violent and almost locks up the back wheels when I go into reverse to break electronically and apply the throttle forward.

I live in a very hilly place and having plug breaking will save me if I get runaway so I would like to make it work right. I have adjusted the pot on the controller for plug breaking to minimum but it's still too much and I guess the only hope is more gradual deceleration through smoother throttle control therefore I must fix 1/2 speed reverse throttle first.

any ideas on how solve this problem would be appreciated.!
voodoocr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1/2 speed, 1205, speed controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car