lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Solar Panel Charging

Was looking at solar panels at harbor freight the other day when I stopped in for a TV bracket and started thinking about why not mount some on the roof of my EZ GO TXT and have some charge rate when it sits outside for hours on end in the South Florida sun when we are out and about?

What I dont know is how to calculate the wattage of the solar panel into charge rate and determine how much charge I am putting into the battery bank over a given period of time?

Ex: If I mount 2 panels that are 100 watts each, and connect to my 48 V bank (6-8v batteries if it matters), what does that look like? Do I need a charging controller/converter between the panels and the bank? And if so, lets say that the panels are in direct full sunlight for an hour, how much charge does that put into my batteries? am I adding 5% of the bank total?

Really learning to not just get an answer but understand how to calculate this type of thing going forward.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO