lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2023, 05:08 PM   #11
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Electric fence for a mouse

It’s about voltage not current. No current will flow under normal conditions. Current will flow once the circuit is completed by a foreign object…..let’s call that foreign object Mickey.

Voltage will be quite high, in the kV region and it’s the job of the fence controller to boost the voltage up to that region. Since electric fences are not designed to kill, but to startle, current will usually be limited to mA, or even uA once Mickey touches the wire. Since Mickey is quite small, that may be enough to kill, or it may not. Don’t know. You might have to find a sacrificial Mickey to try.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2023, 10:01 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Surrounded by wheat farms and vineyards we have plenty of rodents. Rats, mice, squirrels, moles, and rabbits did lots of damage to cart and auto wiring harnesses, lawn, and equipment. 2 farel cats were brought in at no cost but a bit of dry food. 1 year later there were no more droppings or damage to be found. 3 1/2 yrs later seeing a rodent is rare. Birds quit nesting in the barn (less mess). Natures solution is best
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:19 PM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I’m good with toasting little rodents.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 11:17 AM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Pausing after additional research. Appears if “dry stuff” completes the circuit, potential fire risk.
Old 10-02-2023, 01:17 PM   #15
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Pausing after additional research. Appears if “dry stuff” completes the circuit, potential fire risk.
Yes tall grass and other materials can be conductive enough to burst into flames.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 02:59 PM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Yes tall grass and other materials can be conductive enough to burst into flames.
Mice bursting into flames are fine.......my personal property and buildings ....not so much.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:02 PM   #17
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Mice bursting into flames are fine.......my personal property and buildings ....not so much.
Its a constant battle at my shop. I have five traps that I bait with peanut butter. I bend the trap lever with pliers to make a hair trigger .

I have got about 15 this year. The sneaky f--k--s will figure a way to eat the peanut butter and not trip the trap if you don't modify a regular trap . I put my security camera on the floor so I can see how they do it. Caught one last night .

I thought about getting a cat but my neighbors makes herself right at home on top of newer Toyota truck when I do drive it home . The truck stays in my shop most nights .
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 06:37 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I’ve actually (using a very thin wire) wrapped a piece of hard cracker to the trigger with peanut butter “stuffed” underneath it so the trap will fire. That’s been successful …but it’s a PITA to do.
Old 10-03-2023, 08:10 AM   #19
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Perhaps mickey would like to learn about the 2nd amendment 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gettyimages-525587914-612x612.jpg (40.1 KB, 0 views)
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 10:38 AM   #20
Jeffadt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I do know a fence charger will kill a squirrel. I had one come thru a chain link fence and tried to go across the electric fence wire, he didn't make it.
Jeffadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop