lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2023, 10:00 PM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wiring EZGO to Roypow lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
That's the charger interlock signal wire. It prevents the cart from driving while the charger is connected. When the charger is disconnected, this signal is pulled high to B+.

Since you've deleted the charger port you will need to connect that wire to B+.
I had a feeling this was it. I ran into the same issue on mine.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2023, 03:23 PM   #12
Gerry347
Not Yet Wild

Good afternoon folks,

I am new to the cart world and to this forum and this is my first post. I know this is an older post and I've been reading and watch a ton of videos over the past 3 days that I think I've confused myself (not hard to do) but I think I have the same issue.

From when I can tell I have a 1996 EZGO Medalist cart that was pretty given to me with 6 dead batteries. I decided to go with lithium's instead of the normal ones so I order a 2 battery bundle kit from Ionic.

I just finished installing them and they are wired in parallel with the onboard lithium charger wired per their instructions. All of my 12v accessories are wired to the 12v step down and they're working great. I'm pretty sure I have everything wired up correct but the cart will not do anything when the key is turned. Is the charger interlock signal wire the 3rd wire on the back of the stock charging port?? If so does it need to be moved to the B+ on the 36v battery or to the B+ on the 12 volt step down (I'm guessing the B+ of the 36V battery because it most likely back feeds the wired from the battery when the chargers isn't connected)??

Any help you folks can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerry

PS. I'll be doing this to my neighbors 48v cart in a few days as his batteries are toast too. His is a newer model (not sure what it is right now) with a a run/tow switch under the seat so I'll have to read up on that one too.
Gerry347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 01:46 PM   #13
JimAZ
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Any feedback on how this setup is working out for you?
JimAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, harness, lithium, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO