lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2023, 12:38 AM   #1
Robdominguez37
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring EZGO to Roypow lithium

Hello all, I am a complete newby in the golf cart world. I bought a used ezgo golfcart and drove it throughout the summer without ever checking the battery levels. I destroyed the batteries and decided to switch to a roypow 36v 105ah battery. I thought the switch would be straight forward, as it appeared everything connected was to the main + and - terminals.

As I was pulling out the rear batteries I found a green wire attached to the positive of one of the batteries from the back. I am not sure where that cable should go now and am worried about hooking it up to the wrong voltage. What would the voltage be if something is hooked up in this area of the picture. I believe it was the middle battery in the back but Iím not positive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6089.jpg (24.9 KB, 0 views)
Robdominguez37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2023, 12:55 AM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Wiring EZGO to Roypow lithium

That would be a 12v tap for accessories. You need to purchase a 48v to 12v reducer.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 01:58 AM   #3
Robdominguez37
Not Yet Wild

Could something connected to that prevent the cart from not starting? I assumed if it was just for accessories it would start up still with it disconnected. When I tried to start the cart however I got no power at all.
Old 08-12-2023, 07:18 AM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry, I donít know the EZGO. Can you post the model and year as it will help figuring out exactly what that wire does. Are there any 12v accessories on the cart?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 09:10 AM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

If you have a plug on the cart for the stock charger it might have a safety disconnect that if not wired to the new batteries correctly, will prevent the cart from working. if you have this there will be more than 2 wires coming from the backside of the charger port mounted on the body of the cart..

Also You did purchase a NEW lithium charger for the lithium battery correct? be aware the old lead acid charger can damage it.
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 10:13 AM   #6
Robdominguez37
Not Yet Wild

I believe itís a 2002 Ezgo TXT. Yes, the roypow came with a stock lithium charger. Now that you mention it, there are three wires that come out of the original charging port. A positive and negative wire that went to the battery with ring terminals and a red that goes back to a harness. I did not hook any of those up as I assumed they were not needed with the new charging system. Should I hook any of those up somewhere?

I took a picture of the green wire Iím referencing for a better idea. I would like to eventually put in a new fuse panel, but I just wanted to get it up and running for the day last minute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2193.jpg (18.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2196.jpg (11.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2195.jpg (15.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2194.jpg (15.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-12-2023, 11:17 AM   #7
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdominguez37 View Post
and a red that goes back to a harness.
That's the charger interlock signal wire. It prevents the cart from driving while the charger is connected. When the charger is disconnected, this signal is pulled high to B+.

Since you've deleted the charger port you will need to connect that wire to B+.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 02:20 PM   #8
Robdominguez37
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the help! I ended up connecting the original charging port cables to the battery for now. That did the trick and got it running for now.

So for long term I just need the red wire to have a ring terminal attached to the B+ and can remove the charging port + and - wires correct?
Old 08-12-2023, 02:24 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Correct
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 02:28 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Green wire is the 12v positive. Should be a cloth loom harness with a red and black wire that originally went to pack + and -. They would feed the meter on the dash. Black is the 12v - wire.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, harness, lithium, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO