lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2022, 01:44 PM   #1
fr8mvr
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Lithium choice

I have searched all over and am looking at recommendations for a lithium pack.
I have a 2018 Drive 2 converted to AC with Navitas 600 amp controller and 4kw motor. 6-inch lift and 23-inch tires. I am not looking for more speed. I want more miles. Right now I get about 8 miles running at 25 MPH (fast enough)
fr8mvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2022, 02:10 PM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium choice

If you look through the various lithium sub threads on this forum there are many good options to fit your needs.

With your mods I would look at a 105ah option.
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:58 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I agree - do not go less than 105AH capacity with your high current / high torque needs.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:53 PM   #4
fr8mvr
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the size info, I was lost as to how much **ah I needed due to the controller and wanting at least 20-30 miles per charge.
fr8mvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:01 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

AH capacity increase also generally will also increase the battery's current capability which is important for a cart like yours. You need to make sure that your battery is rated for enough continuous and peak current draw so that it doesn't limit your performance.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 11:14 PM   #6
jetfixr
Not Yet Wild

I am running the roypow 105P. It gets me to 30 mph in a hurry. I haven't done any real world mileage test yet but I ran it for about 12 miles and the battery was at 60 percent. it has plenty of scoot to it, very much more responsive then the lead acid batteries. I could get more speed out of it but have it limited to 30mph for safety. If I am in more of a rush I will just take the car. Roypow's customer support and tech support is crap, but I believe the battery to be good quality. Yamaha is running a version of the roypow 105 as the battery for their new lithium carts.
jetfixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 08:41 AM   #7
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

so my understanding is as follows.
If you had 200ah lead acid before, that was really only 100ah of usable power before damaging the batteries and the cart would have slowed a quite a bit before that...
105ah of lithium equals about 80ah of usable power by comparison and the voltage and current stays higher and more stable during that time. Plus since each battery cell of lifepo4 is a slightly higher voltage the lifepo4 battery packs are generally a higher voltage than FLA to start with.
I make my own lifepo because theres a large cost savings and each cell is 3.4-3.6v vs the 2.1v or so you would measure on a rested lead acid battery. (This is also why a 12v fla battery has 6 cells and a 12v lifpo4 only has 4.)
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha