lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
BigBlack
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Series cart, what am I loosing

I am restoring a flood damaged cart. it was a 2001 series fleet cart. right now I can go either way (series or shunt) My least expensive option right now is series since all I need right now is a controller. But will I be loosing anything in the long run by keeping it series?

Intended use, lifted with 22"-23" tires, casual riding around house and rv campsite. not planing on off roading or working this cart, just for show and easing around.

Pros/cons please!!
BigBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: Series cart, what am I loosing

It depends on how $ mainly.
Series: no regen, highest torque and HP motors and speed controllers.
Regen: main pro is the regen system (not as efficient as one might think) and that if you increase speed controller amperage on a given motor, you can also increase speed on same system voltage (ie: 36v performances speed controller vs. stock speed controller).

You have to consider if you want more power you might probably want at least a 48v system, but do you still have the stock 36v charger?
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
dereckbc
Gone Wild

Default Re: Series cart, what am I loosing

With series wound motors there are a lot more options, speed, and torque available at a lower cost
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO