lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Does this sound right?? Charger comment

My Delta Q QuicQ charger is flashing all for bottom LEDs really fast as soon as the charger is plugged in. Even with the charger sitting on the bench no DC output side connected to anything. The LEDs keep flashing for 2-3 secs after the AC is removed.

Here is a comment I got from a Delta Q dealer " Before you buy a new charger, Your batteries are at their age limit and more than likely should be replaced. These high frequency chargers sometimes don't act properly when batteries are at the end of their lives."

My batteries are date code 4/10 Trojans and hold great charge, plus specific gravity tested great last weekend. The pack is still sitting at 51.3v after the last charge when the charger started flipping out. I take care of batteries and don't agree with the batteries being at their age limit. The last set of batteries where 7 years old and still had life, I only changed them because I went from 6v to 8v.

Thoughts on batteries life and the comments from the dealer? How about anyone familiar with Delta Q chargers? There is nothing in the manual about the bottom 4 LEDs flashing fast with no pause.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Does this sound right?? Charger comment

Don't know about your batteries, but mine are worldwide batteries with a date of March 2009. I can still get 36 holes of golf and the LED bar meter is above half mark.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car