lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2021, 09:17 PM   #1
thothtp
Not Yet Wild

Default Storage/Utility options that don't add length?

Hi everyone, brand new owner of a gently used 2003 DS. I picked it up for my wife to use at horse shows, hauling saddles, tack, hay, etc. So a folding seat cargo platform makes sense... except for how we haul it. We have a 2 horse trailer with a front box stall and a side ramp, so we can drive the cart up the ramp and park it sideways in the trailer, where it fits exactly - like, a quarter inch of clearance at best.

So that means any storage or rack solution I add can't add ANY length front or back. Parking it any other way isn't an option unfortunately.

What are my options? Most rear seats have platforms that stick out, and even without do the seats themselves still overhang? I see the doubletake max 5 has a holding footrest, but I assume it still adds something to the length, even an inch is too much. I know there are roof racks, but it would be hard to lift stuff up there for her. Front racks seem to stick out as well.

Any options out there for folding platforms that stay within the length? Or some other option? If I can't find anything I may need to make something diy, like a fold up platform hanging off the back made from wood or metal that is braced against the bumper.

Thanks for the help!
thothtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2023, 11:58 AM   #2
Jeffadt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Storage/Utility options that don't add length?

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/pict...ictureid=31543

This is what I came up with for my solution, takes a good bit of planning and fab but this allows me to get my cart on my trailer which also would not fit with the footrest portion. We have had 400 pounds on the back part of this.
Jeffadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:12 PM   #3
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

In your situation anything you need is going to be a custom job unless a foldable rear seat will work for you.
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:25 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

They make a receiver hitch that bolts to the frame and would allow you to put a platform or basket on the back. I don’t know if it extends past the bumper.

Edit.. I looked around and most of the hitches I saw stick out past the bumper. The All Sports hitch probably would also but might be able to cut the end off and redrill the pin hole..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center