lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #11
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Extra wide stance for stability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
Did you have any figment problems with the FOX - 2.0 Podium X front shock on your Jakes LT front end? My Jakes shocks are wasted and squeak like crazy.

I also need to figure out something in the rear. When I drive over say a speed bump at low speed the rear end hops over and I is rough back there
check your leaf spring bushings, I had to change mine out to the polyurethane bushings
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2021, 12:01 PM   #12
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry for the delay and bringing this back from the dead. We were in the off season from camp so I haden't touched my cart and onto other projects. Has anyone found out any solutions? I spoke with Jake's today and they told me that they no longer offer any type of upgraded shock and furthermore that there has never been any issue with the stock ones and that its just me. So here I am again trying to figure out what to do. I have 3" spacers on the rear, not much else I can do for width. I would just love to find a firmer coil over to let it ride the way it should. Anyone have any luck with this?
Daubers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:49 AM   #13
doo dah
Gone Wild

My Fox Podiums from a Polaris Predator work great. All over eBay at a pretty wide price range. The bushings use smaller bolts than what Jakes does so I forced the old bushings to fit the Fox's. I didn't like how that worked so I cut off the bolt mounts and welded in plates with tabs to mount on top of the lower a-arm and put new stock bushings with sleeves in the Fox. Mine was a 4 seater and I have converted it to 6 seater but Fox's are still working great even with all the additional weight. I have 25" tires for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 471F34CF-544E-4E05-A8A2-706E5D7DBF65.jpg (314.9 KB, 0 views)
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:58 PM   #14
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
My Fox Podiums from a Polaris Predator work great. All over eBay at a pretty wide price range. The bushings use smaller bolts than what Jakes does so I forced the old bushings to fit the Fox's. I didn't like how that worked so I cut off the bolt mounts and welded in plates with tabs to mount on top of the lower a-arm and put new stock bushings with sleeves in the Fox. Mine was a 4 seater and I have converted it to 6 seater but Fox's are still working great even with all the additional weight. I have 25" tires for reference.
That is awesome! I will look into them, Thanks!
Old 05-24-2021, 10:11 AM   #15
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Got a set of Fox Podium shocks off of a Predator and some new 25" tires. Now to fit it all together
Old 05-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #16
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

you will need to post new pics
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:04 PM   #17
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
you will need to post new pics
Deal! Making some bushings and mounts work for the shocks. Only fitment issue for the tire size will be the rear. I was going to extend the rear axle back but won't have time to dig that deep in this right now, as I have to have the cart back up to camp this weekend. May just trim the fender, will see what happens.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:59 AM   #18
doo dah
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubers View Post
Got a set of Fox Podium shocks off of a Predator and some new 25" tires. Now to fit it all together
You'll love them. Congrats!
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:36 AM   #19
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
You'll love them. Congrats!
Thanks man I appreciate the recommendation. I just got them on and made the new 25" tires fit. Going to see if I can get it aligned now and will snap some pics
Old 06-03-2021, 01:21 PM   #20
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Love the new shocks and 25s. Entirely different ride

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts