lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2020, 11:21 PM   #1
tdw297
Not Yet Wild

Default Kawasaki Zx600 Engine Swap

Long story short, I used to own an electiec golf cart. It sat outside and the motor and batteries went bad. I decided that an engine swap would be the way to go.

Fast forward today and I have an 84 hp 4 cylinder engine that puts out 11,000 rpm. My main issue is my need for reverse. I plan on using this all the time and my usage would require this to have reverse. I havent seen many reverse gearboxes out there, especially ones that can hold up to that kind of power. Even ones that do are well over $1000.

I have considered using a second small engine, possible the Predator 212, as a reversing engine. I would have to put the street bike engine in neutral when I want to reverse and put the Predator engine backwards. When I am going forward, there is a 1 directional clutch to prevent spinning it at 11,000 rpm in the wrong direction. The problem with this is my lack of space for a second engine. I could make space for it, but I don't want to have to come to that point if there is a decent solution.

I was curious to see if any of you have tackled this problem or know of anything that I could do. I dont want to have to use a second engine if there are cheap alternatives. I have already spent enough money on this project and dont wish to spend another $1000+ on this.

Thanks for your help!
tdw297 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps