lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Kawasaki KVF 700 into EZGo txt?

Have a dimensional problem with this EZGo repower. Not a show stopper, but the wheelbase will have to grow?
Plan to use atv suspension on both ends. That gives the option of 4x4 if I want it.
Have both KLF 300B rear axle and the KVF rear. Just thought that I might ought'a check the ratios between the 300 (which has a locking differential) and the 700 solid axle. Ratios might screw with 4x4? The 700 has oil bath rear brakes that are excellent. I would guess that the thing will turn similar to an atv with a locked axle. The 300 diff would be nice.
Problem with this is that the engine front cylinder will encroach about 10-12" into the floor. Needs a little "doghouse". Anyone stretched an EGO text for a longer engine/drive train? Don't care to reinvent here...? Moving the engine forward in order to keep the axle centered in the fenders is what I'm after. Looked for a nice Marathon, but no gas units locally. Marathon rear wheel wells could be dealt with.

Fabbed a ZX6 into a Hyundai some years back, and it had to glaring issues when completed. It rode so rough that it was not cool, and the short drive chain required constant attention. Also geared funky. No easy fix--and keep reverse. Notwithstanding, the HP and rough ride made it dangerous for passengers. It ran well.
Plan to do something about the suspension on the next one. I have a complete KVF 700 donor. The 700 has reverse, belt transmission, and and liquid
cooling. It's a 90* v-twin. About 50 HP, but major torque at low RPM.
I'll get some pics up soon.
Ideas welcomed! JR
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps