lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2024, 10:45 AM   #11
Blemish4443
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: The Rabbithole - 2013 Club Car Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blemish4443 View Post
As far as the nutsert plan, putting them through the bottom wouldn't work as the tension from the nut would be pulling the bottom, actually reversing the clamping force of the insert. I'm now going to be trying to figure out a low profile solution to mounting the body, but I do have time for that thankfully. Does anyone have suggestions where I would solicit advice for something like that? The forum is pretty large, just wondering where I would have the best chance of getting some discussion going.
Oh, and as far as this is concerned:

1. It looks like the body would have very little trouble with a nutsert, so if I need to go that way, I definitely can. HOWEVER;

2. The frames on these carts aren't as thin as I originally believed! I went ahead and drilled a hole for the first insert and, lo and behold, the aluminum was like 1/4" thick! Looking at the rear of the frame, it became extremely apparent that there is a thick spine on the top edge of the frame that goes all the way through, front to back.

This should have been obvious, but I didn't have the rear bumper off until this week, and I just didn't pay close attention to the front of the frame and why would I? Companies normally wouldn't add extra material to make something better/stronger, so that was pretty nice to see.

I've gone ahead and just re-tapped all the holes for 1/4" bolts, and figured no need for the nutserts going forward. If ever these threads become damaged, the inserts will be the fallback solution.
Blemish4443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2024, 12:52 PM   #12
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking good!!!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 04:49 PM   #13
Blemish4443
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Special delivery! Now, to find the time...

Old 04-02-2024, 06:57 AM   #14
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 05:32 PM   #15
Blemish4443
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Weekend Work Pt 1 - Tight timeline Saturday, so only really working in the morning. Removed the rear diff in preparation for the lift kit install on Sunday, and through this past week I've been doing a lot of scuffing and priming. Don't have pictures yet, but the steering column and steering wheel adapter have been painted with an automotive paint and are curing. Will snap some photos once I have some daylight. In the mean time, I've gone ahead and painted some rust spots that were bothering me, and started the installation of the lift kit.

Sadly, as you can see from the photos, the front upper control arms sent were not correct. Unfortunately, they included a set of DS control arms with my Precedent lift. I've gone as far as I could for now with the lift installation, but I'll be waiting on replacement components to get me moving again there. I've re-installed the rack, knowing I'll be pulling at again to install the control arms, but at least it's in place.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:47 PM   #16
Blemish4443
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Weekend Work Part Deux: Some painting I did snap pictures of was the windshield uprights, as well as the differential assembly. The uprights were faded and chalky from all the UV damage, and the rear diff, well, I sprayed it with a too-aggressive cleaner and put ugly spots on it. With the nice new motor, I didn't want it to look like **** by comparison.

I was able to get MOST of the rear lift kit assembled, but with slight difficulty. I got the shock mount plate and u-bolts, but did not get the new centring bolt for the rear axle, nor the new nuts for my new u-bolts. I'm also not crazy about the finish quality, they look like extremely rough looking painting rather than solid quality powder coating. I ended up mickey-mousing something, because I'd be damned if the rear lift wasn't going to be installed by days end. I still think the lift is likely a good value, but I was a little sad at the finish / some chipping and damage from shipping. What're we going to do though.

I will say that even with the issues I've seen with the lift kit as far as QC on the order packing, and general component fit and finish, the Jake's Customer support has been second to none. I called them this morning and they'll be sending me my correct control arms as well as a new set of rear lift hardware to boot. So the rear lift is basically ready to go and the cart is on it's wheels(ish), but the front is temporarily a little bit sad looking, lol.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides