lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2024, 09:10 AM   #21
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Replacing input shaft on Team axle

Old Hitachi Armatures are going to be mostly junk. Mine both were. I don't know how you would successfully weld on a new coupler without proper fixturing to get it perfectly aligned. I am a do it yourself guy and that is one task I wouldn't attempt. If you haven't had the motor apart, you don't know what you are dealing with. That coupler is welded to the armature.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2024, 10:23 AM   #22
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Volt I haven't pulled my motor yet but I have done the brushes on other peoples hitachi motors I wasn't really looking at the motor coupling when I did the brushes so not sure if they were welded or not, I was thinking that the coupling was a sweat fit and that I could pull it off and replace it with a little heat and a puller. Hoping to get good weather this weekend so I can pull it off and assess what I am dealing with.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:30 AM   #23
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I honestly have not studied it either. I have disassembled two Hitachi motors - and scrapped them after finding the commutator severely damaged on both. I have no clue as to how the coupling is aligned to the end of the armature but I don't think it is easy to remove and replace. Take a look before you decide to order a replacement - you may decide not to try to replace the coupler. Look over the armature and commutator while it's apart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 05:20 PM   #24
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've done the heat & press with EZGO motors / couplers, but like the others here any Yamaha that's come up the commutator was bad enough that it wasn't worth fixing.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 10:50 AM   #25
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Was hoping for good weather this weekend but it looks like rain every day, never thought I would miss the garage/workshop this much.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:25 AM   #26
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Finally, got a streak of good weather so that I wouldn't have to lay in the mud to work on the cart. Found the issue was the motor coupling is stripped out, everything else is fine which is good as i really didn't want to have to split the case to change the input shaft. I found a Nidec motor on ebay that is almost new (previous owner did an A/C upgrade) and got it for under 400 not a bad deal. Should be here on Thursday.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha