lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
willyd61
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G3 - Rear Seat ??

Hi Everyone,

this is my first post, as I have been reading away for months now, I broke down and bought a G3 about 5 weeks ago, and so far learned to put a windshield on it, changed oil, plug, filters, and now have the rear cowl off to blast some rust off, and sanded the cowl down to cut out for lights and not plasti-dipped it.

I am still a long way off from being a daily driver to work (live on a small island). And I am now starting to look at rear seat kits. I certainly don't have a welder so my options is a plug n play type kit. I found a few for 450-500+ dollars and that is a budget buster.

Is there other years / models that may be cheaper that I can get? My only caveat is I want the ability for it to fold down so I can haul coolers, etc...

Anyway, I was shell shocked on the prices, its **** near 1/3 of the cost of what i paid for the whole cart.

This forum is a really great resource, so kudos to all that contribute.
willyd61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Yamaha G3 - Rear Seat ??

due to age of your cart there are few rear seat kits available .. that's why they are so high in price
Old 05-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
willyd61
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So my only option is to try and fabricate one or buy an expensive kit, is there any type of "generic" kit that might be the best route?
Old 05-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
crash test dummy

the one major difference is the roof supports and seat backs
Old 05-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
willyd61
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am an idiot, I just looked up my model and its a G9, so looks like I can get a kit for under 400. I am going home now to verify the model off my serial number.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd61 View Post
I am an idiot, I just looked up my model and its a G9, so looks like I can get a kit for under 400. I am going home now to verify the model off my serial number.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #7
DirtFan
Not Yet Wild

Yes there is one available online but the shipping is a little spendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd61 View Post
DirtFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #8
Jreau
Not Yet Wild

Look at a double seat for go carts. Yerf Dog has a nice one for about $80. Just hinge it so you can get to the gas fill.
Jreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha