lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
DPM1971
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 400 polaris trailblazer into 85 CC DS

Hey guys..thought I would introduce myself and my new project. MURF here from Indiana and this is my first cart project I have ever done..and looking forward to it. I picked up a bone stock "barn find" 1985 club car ds for 100.00. I have been wanting to build up a cart after seeing them all over the net and yoputbe..looks like a blast. Well my project will be to put the complete drivetrain out of my 2002 polaris trailblazer 400cc quad into the CC. I plan on running a 8" lift on the front CC gear for now(hopefully go long arm later) and splicing in the quad frame into the CC frame in the rear utilizing the engine,trans and swingarm. I will take tons of pics along the way and look forward to getting her done and out in the woods and such. I really love seeing everyones carts on here and the mods they have done themselves..good ole AMERICAN pride going into all of these builds..keep up the good work!!
DPM1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 400 polaris trailblazer into 85 CC DS

Welcome DPM. You'll surely get hooked. It's hard not to.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
idune
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

I am doing the same build right now... Have you started yet?
idune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
DPM1971
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I actually have started and am down to adding some length to the wiring harnes and the brake and throttle setup. I ended up running the quad front suspension instead of the lift from a company( much better ride). I built an entire frame that i basically am sitting the CC frame on top of (i cant weld alumin so..) I will try to post a few pics this weekend of it..been super busy with work and home.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
idune
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

I took my motor from a Explorer, can you tell me what wiring you took from the Polaris? I know nothing about those bikes.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
idune
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

This is my ride, and the motor just sitting in it... I'm trying to figure out a few things like, where am i going to mount the radiator, how am I going to get the exhaust to fit and how to wire it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CART 2.jpg (315.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg suspention.jpg (213.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
DPM1971
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i had a running and rideable 2003 tb 400. Basically cut the entire frame down to just a "craddle" with a swingarm attached..usinf all of the polaris wiring harness..this will give me my F-N-R indicators,keyed ignition..etc
Old 09-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
DPM1971
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yours looks A LOT nicer than mine at the moment..mine is ugly as sin right now..and looks a lil goofy with quad wheels on it..i will for sure post some pics this weekend. I am running my radiator up front in almost the stock quad position and just plumbing it back to the motor..as for my pipe..just doing a lot of custom work to the stock pipe and muffler.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by idune View Post
This is my ride, and the motor just sitting in it... I'm trying to figure out a few things like, where am i going to mount the radiator, how am I going to get the exhaust to fit and how to wire it...
Thats a nice cart, Id like to see more of it, if you could.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
DPM1971
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cpl quick pics...body isnt leveled or bolted on yet..but close...

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps