lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Input Shaft question

Hey everyone.

I think i got a real noggen buster for you

I got a quick question for those who are familiar with the st utility style carts, or more particular a jacobsen hauler 1000.

Ok, first, i got a 05 jacobsen hauler 1000 with a missing input shaft. So for test fitting, i was able to quickly take one off a 98 dcs cart to see if it would fit..
It does with a minimal play fit, but i need to order the one for the hauler cart.

Now.. when i look up input shafts, they have 2 different types. One thats a 21 tooth (26926-G01) and one thats a 22 tooth (26928-G01).. The one i test fitted was a 21 tooth and it seemed to fit fine.. But in theory a 22 tooth would fit if the diameter of the gear was larger. and the 21 is just hitting the edge of the second gear in the rear end. so i dont really know what to think of this. None of the ezgo parts manuals have a explosion diagram on the rearends that show the true part number for these input shaft and when a 22 tooth is used, or when a 21 tooth is used. so what to do?

Any help would be super appreciated. because it would help save me from ordering the wrong part. i do plan on ordering the 21 tooth because it did seem to work perfectly. But the hauler 1000 has a 14.76:1 rear ratio instead of the conventional 12.44:1 ratio. But i would think that it should only effect the output gear on the 2nd gear and the outer spidergear gear (3rd gear in the rear/ the bottom gear in the rear diff).

This specific 14.76:1 rear that is in the hauler 1000, is the same rear as the one in the shuttle 4&6, and MPT 1000E. its complete p/n is 74612-G01

hows that for a confusing question
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Input Shaft question

Okey dokey then.... i suppose no one has any input on this topic.?

All i would really like to know is, in the ezgo parts book. I compaired the pics of the dana rear in the hauler(from the book), and the dana rear in a regular cart (from the book). Dispite some minnor differences in overall mounting of the suspension, and brake cable holders. It seems to me (or it may just be an optical allusion) that the input shaft on the hauler rear is just slightly longer then the regular rear. I would guess that this is just for that extra "Heavy Duty" rating. and i should see no problem in mounting a regular rear performance motor. Just want to know if anyone has encounterd something like this.. I dont want the teeth of a regular cart motor to be just on the edge of the hauler input shaft. Causing a potential strip hazard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear1.jpg (39.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i know this isn,t much help but have you tried calling E-Z go to see what they have to say? or a dealer............................................ .
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

I talked to ezgo the other day, and the person i was talking with tried their best to help, but at there end they didnt have the exploded diagram for the hauler rear end.

Im not to worried though, today actualy i just finished ordering the 21 tooth input shaft, so with all luck it will work properly. Im sure it will though.

The thing that i am cautious about is that. For some reason, one of the drums splines are all torn off. I also ordered the proper hauler hub from ezgo, but am ciruious how the heck that hapened. All i really recall is hearing about some of the older carts spinning their hubs. But not these models. And with it being a newer cart at that. (it was used for one summer from new, then stored for the rest of its life due to this issue that was easy to fix (the spun hub)

It must be a flaw in the casting of the hub before they machined the splines. Because i would expect to see other damage to the cart before it shreds the splines. Such as the entire rear riped off, or atleast some major wheel damage or a wobble. if the driver hit something hard enough to do that, there would be other signs; i would think

I suppose the person that had it before i got my hands on it took the input shaft off because they thought that there were broken gears in the rear. But didnt realize that it was just a spun spline on the brake drum.

I can post pics if ya all want to see it. Its quite a sight to see. Its spun all the way through.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

they make the hubs out of softer metel so instead of snapping an axle or something like that it just strips the hub.. ( much cheaper ) its not just the older carts but you hear about it more on older carts because of the wear they already have...............i keep 6 hubs on stock all the time and this is at a campground so that tells you something................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

That makes complete sense good tip!
I never really thought about it that way. But that makes total sense in the design of the whole thing. Ive just havent personaly encountered one yet..unlike this though.

It made me wonder where the metal went, because when i took the hub off, all the splines on the shaft were in mint condition.
No worries though, i cant wait now for the parts to come in.. then...... Off to customizing!

Did i menton that this cart has less then 20h on the hourmeter. the drums were barely scuffed. just surface rust from sitting around for 2 years
Old 07-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
gspsheehan
Not Yet Wild

1997 elec cc rear end rattling on deceleration, ???
gspsheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspsheehan View Post
1997 elec cc rear end rattling on deceleration, ???
For best results, start you own thread in the Club Car electric section.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO