lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #31
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Bombardier NEV owner exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVme View Post
Here is a link to the manufacturer of the controller who sold/buys/remanufactures them:

http://fsip.workxpress.com/page/link...4140faa2&wxm=1

Pictured on that page is the Curtis controller Part#1509-1001 for a Bombardier NV.

I am currently poring over my wiring scematic and that of the more common 72v Alltrax Shunt type controller to see if it can be used. So far it appears that the major difference in the two types of controllers is a speed limiter and reversing contactor are incorporated into the factory Bomber unit and the Alltrax would require a reversing contactor to be added to the car and you would have to reroute the speed sensor signal wire directly to the instrument cluster to retain speedo/odo function.

The Curtis 1311 handset will work on the OEM controller for adjusting speed and diagnostics. I am also thinking of building a pulse wave modulator ($29.99 @ Radio Shack) to fool the factory controller into thinking the speed is under 25 mph while rerouting raw speed sensor signal directly (as opposed to through the controller) to the instrument cluster to retain the speedo/odo function. The shop manual states that these cars are capable of 40mph!
Hello NVme, how you doing with your pulse wave modulator? sounds interesting, I might be replacing my bad controller with an up todate controller, maybe 48 volt system.
Downeast10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #32
40flash
Not Yet Wild

I'd be happy to send pics to you. PM me your email address. I would post them here if I could figure out how.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #33
twooldfarmers
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I am preparing to cut the consol today as I found a few candidates at Pick a Part yesterday to fill or cover the hole that will be created.

I notice in your pictures of the cutout that the cutout is quite far forward in that only the front portion of the auxilary battery appears to be directly below the cut out.

I would look like the charger unit is also well exposed by the cut out dimensions you used.

Will the aux battery tilt up and forward and easily come out the 5 x 9 cut out in the location shown which appears to start and end about 2 inches from both the front and the rear of the consol where it begins to angle up?

thanks
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeast10 View Post
More pics on access to aux battery, the correct cut out size is 5" but 9", must be careful of wires in the tunnel.
twooldfarmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #34
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldfarmers View Post
I am preparing to cut the consol today as I found a few candidates at Pick a Part yesterday to fill or cover the hole that will be created.

I notice in your pictures of the cutout that the cutout is quite far forward in that only the front portion of the auxilary battery appears to be directly below the cut out.

I would look like the charger unit is also well exposed by the cut out dimensions you used.

Will the aux battery tilt up and forward and easily come out the 5 x 9 cut out in the location shown which appears to start and end about 2 inches from both the front and the rear of the consol where it begins to angle up?

thanks
Richard
Yes the aux battery will tilt up and out, there is one strap that holds the battery down, just remove the strap and slide to the side. Be very carefull when cutting the access hole not to cut the wires, I used a stub hack saw to cut mind. Good luck
Old 01-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #35
twooldfarmers
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you
Old 01-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #36
40flash
Not Yet Wild

Here is my attempt to attach a couple of pictures of my top access battery trays on my 2000.2012-01-25 10.11.17.jpg

2012-01-25 10.13.52.jpg

Both seats and fiberglass seat trays are held in with four thumb screws.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #37
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Good job
Old 01-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #38
twooldfarmers
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

now that gives serious access, nicely done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40flash View Post
Here is my attempt to attach a couple of pictures of my top access battery trays on my 2000.Attachment 61590

Attachment 61591

Both seats and fiberglass seat trays are held in with four thumb screws.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #39
40flash
Not Yet Wild

I didn't do that. The 2000 models came from the factory that way. I plan to modify my mother-in-laws 99 to this design though. No sense in fighting the earlier tray design anymore.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #40
Fasteddy1
Not Yet Wild

Downeast 10, any chance you could post more photos of your Honda powered cart?I've got a 99 that I am converting to gas power.
Fasteddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts