lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #111
BeachBombardier
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bombardier NEV owner exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeast10 View Post
I saw the post, and yes I do have a copy the Shop Manual, lots of pages, maybe I could make a pdf copy, Let me see how long it may take....
I just bought a project car, a 1997 Bombardier Class E. Need a new controller and batteries, but has a good body.

Did you ever get that manual into PDF? It sure would be helpful.
BeachBombardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #112
Ramjett
Not Yet Wild

Can I request a PDF also as I have a 1997 Indy Lights custom factory show car?
Rodger
Ramjett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #113
Ramjett
Not Yet Wild

I would love to join the Bombardier Owners Exchange, how?
I own the Indy Light custom pit car (yellow/purple) that they showed all over the US.
Rodger
Old 08-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #114
clizbe1
Not Yet Wild

I just acquiered a diagnostic test tool and can't figure out how to hook it up to my molex. Can anybody give me some help?
clizbe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #115
Ramjett
Not Yet Wild

Does anybody know what shocks fit the NEV, my shock bushings are powder?
Old 09-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #116
TACITBLUE
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I inherited 1998 Bombardier NEV and has not run since I received. Have replaced all Potentiometers,Contactor,Motor controller tested and has not run. Is the DC converter board a possible problem. I am in Hillsboro county and how far does your Bombardier travel?
TACITBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #117
40flash
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by clizbe1 View Post
I just acquiered a diagnostic test tool and can't figure out how to hook it up to my molex. Can anybody give me some help?
The plug you are looking for is under the center of the dash. On the early dash, lift out the 4 cup holder and look under it. If I remember, it's a white plastic plug that is square with 4? wires. On the 2000 models, remove the dash insert that looks like where a radio should go.
We have three Bombardier's in our retirement community and the three of us rented the controller for $30 for a month and "tweeked" our cars. When you run the speed up on the the controller, the controller will tell you that 27 is as high as it will go. This is not the case in reality. All three of our cars now go 35 mph with a full charge. Lots more fun and well worth the effort. I can send you a picture of the plug if you can't find it.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #118
40flash
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACITBLUE View Post
I inherited 1998 Bombardier NEV and has not run since I received. Have replaced all Potentiometers,Contactor,Motor controller tested and has not run. Is the DC converter board a possible problem. I am in Hillsboro county and how far does your Bombardier travel?
One simple thing to check is the brake pedal switch. The switch on the brake pedal tells the computer if the brake is engaged or not. If the pedal isn't all the way up or the switch isn't open, the computer thinks the brake is applied and the controller won't start the motor. Fought this for weeks until we discovered the hesitation would disapear when I lifted the brake pedal up. Could be enough to keep it from running.
The tech guys at Peacock limited want to sell you parts and are pretty helpful trying to help diagnose problems and then selling you the right parts to fix it. I think one of the guys is named Brian. Been a few months. Not positive on the name.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #119
40flash
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjett View Post
Does anybody know what shocks fit the NEV, my shock bushings are powder?
Replacing bushings is cheaper than buying shocks even if you had to have them made but it's likely that Napa has some in a size that's close enough. Energy systems also makes bushing for many applications.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #120
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBombardier View Post
I just bought a project car, a 1997 Bombardier Class E. Need a new controller and batteries, but has a good body.

Did you ever get that manual into PDF? It sure would be helpful.
here is the link.
http://www.4shared.com/folder/SWrpV86j/98_manual.html
Doug
Downeast10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts