lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
redR6
Not Yet Wild

Lightbulb how do I do it?

I have an 05 yamaha r6 that ive owned since it was new. I have gotten tired of the crotch rockets and I bought a cruiser. I still have the rocket and I decided to put the motor in a golf cart. I know it takes a lot of work and money but im gonna do ot...with some help. What kind of golf cart will work the best and are there any mods that will make it safe? Any input would be helpful.
redR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
blueyoto
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: how do I do it?

scan the site and pick one you like!
blueyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

if me i would start removing everything on the bike and fill a couple boxes with parts you wont need and sell them on c.list of ? while your getting the cart running and you will have extra mulla coming in for this motor swap
id make sure and get a good visuall while tearing it down of everything and keep all the wireing harness for the headlight,tail lights,blinkers,engine,and whatever else all together in your head and on the motor if poss as to ease the time of the install.you can go with a 4 wheeler rear axle maybe.. maybe do a custom 3 linked rear..so many possibilities.. you need research time and you will find what you need to do..

then use the search box on the site too see others builds,just keep wording it different to find more builds,theres a bunch of everything on here just hard to find at times
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
fritster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have learned that the golf cart is narrow and NOT designed for speed and simply dropping and r6 into a golf cart will yield you a vehicle that is unsafe and one that you cannot appreciate the power and speed because it will drive, ride and handle like crap.

With that said, go for some wheel base width, (wide stance can handle speed) put good suspension, good steering, good brakes and keep it low to the ground so you can handle the POWER AND SPEED OF AN R6.
fritster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritster View Post
go for some wheel base width, (wide stance can handle speed) put good suspension, good steering, good brakes and keep it low to the ground so you can handle the POWER AND SPEED OF AN R6.
perfectly said then a good roll cage and take it out with the razors and rhinos and show them how its done
just the cool factor for blowing donuts and not getting crazy with the top speed can be fun,and it will be the best sounding cart in your n.hood..but id have to weld me in a stop for the gas pedal or id die
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

You should widen the wheelbase, even stretch it longer if you can, I did both to mine. Really think about stopping (brakes) before you put alot into going fast, I have Wilwood brake system front to back, I've had this cart over 100 MPH till it started to get light and runs mid 80s in the 1/8th mile. Putting a bike engine in a cart is crazy in the first place but we've just gotta do it. huh?
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Definitely going to be crazy, looking forward to this.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
golf cart, yamaha r6
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps