lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #1
Knowplace
Not Yet Wild

Default 1970 taylor dunn battery conversion

I have so many questions, and have gotten so many different answers. I will start with the basics. I have a 1970 Taylor-Dunn tee bird, with the stock 36v motor and original style mechanical copper bar speed controller (it has been rebuilt). The cart is 100% mechanically sound., with the exception of the batteries. I would like to replace the failing lead acid batteries with lithium. Here come the questions... Can I use the existing speed controller? Can I use my 36v charger that has auto shut off? Where do I start? Hoping there is someone who has experience with an older cart and battery upgrade. Thanks in advance
Knowplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts