lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2022, 08:37 PM   #1651
yayoDigs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Looking for insight on two items for Curtis controller on 2018 EZGO RXV. Any help is very much appreciated:
1.) Built my cable and have the factory access via pc to my controller(says so on bottom of software). However, the sticker label on my controller itself says 1206ac-5211 but the software is showing 1206ac-5231. Anyone see this before? An issue at all? I ask because of my second point..
2.) I can't seem to get much more speed out of my controller. It was NOT in freedom mode and I do not have access to put it in this. I did however change the speed profile to profile 5 freedom and raised allowed speed up to 19.5mph. BUT I cant get more than 17 out of the cart. Stock speed components plus 20 inch tires and tested and good batteries. I reviewed the parameters but the only one I see that could be changed that i do not know what it is is the Power Limiting section. Any advice on how to get more speed would be GREATLY appreciated. If someone could send me their parameters export that would be even better! Thanks in advance for your time!
yayoDigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2022, 12:11 PM   #1652
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You won’t get to 19.5 without it being in freedom mode and you need development level to do that.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 01:48 PM   #1653
yayoDigs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You won’t get to 19.5 without it being in freedom mode and you need development level to do that.
I agree. Seems that I can select Speed mode 5, which is Freedom, but if I cannot flip the Freedom mode on first then it will not actually select that speed profile. Seems my controller absolutely requires Developer mode to make any real performance updates.

OK so, can someone please send me Developer information?! I know we have at least half a dozen people that have said they have that access. I have factory level and have edited every possible option in the registry to try and find Developer but with no luck. Hopefully someone will PM me with it cause I do understand we need to keep this under some control due to the risks associated with changing settings that will ultimately brick the controller.
yayoDigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 02:49 PM   #1654
bangingears
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

here is my file for curtis 1206 controller if anyone wants a modified file. just save to computer in open in 4402 pc programming

###### edit, wont let me post attached .CPF file######

message me with email and i will send to you
bangingears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:54 AM   #1655
yad1

Hello
I bought a Curtis 1234-2388 controller for a car that I am converting to electric.
I use the USB -> RS232 cable and the CURTIS 1324-4401 PC software to change the controller parameters.
The problem is the inability to choose one of the five types of control "driving speed" which is rigidly set to "5", i.e. control via the CAN bus.
I want to use a potentiometer with a value of 5kΩ
I have full access to edit all other parameters.
What blocks the ability to edit "throttle type" in this driver and how to fix it?
IMAGE:
https://ibb.co/mtzFXN1

Old 06-24-2022, 12:07 PM   #1656
woodygb
Gone Wild

Do you have OEM Access , as yours is currently showing USER and SERVICE?
woodygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:20 PM   #1657
yad1

I was convinced that I have an OEM, I can change all parameters except one.
IMAGE:
https://ibb.co/tCwmNYc
Old 06-24-2022, 12:24 PM   #1658
woodygb
Gone Wild

Yes you have OEM .... I have no idea why the Can /VCL parameter is locked.
woodygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:38 PM   #1659
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygb View Post
Yes you have OEM .... I have no idea why the Can /VCL parameter is locked.
it shows right on the photo he posted look in the "write acccess" column it shows what access level you need to have to edit each parameter. to edit the parameter he is trying to change he needs to have the next level higher access; "Factory" is higher than "OEM"..

The different levels of user access are as follows:
User -> Dealer -> Service -> OEM -> Factory -> Developer

they dont publicize the factory or developer equipment. if you go back in this same thread quite aways and start reading around page 110 you can find the info how to change the access level from oem to factory level. he would then be able to edit this parameter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CURTIS.jpg (192.0 KB, 0 views)
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:58 PM   #1660
yad1

Thank you for your response
So there is hope. It's good that I found this forum. I am going back to the previous pages. I don't understand English well, but I hope it will work out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts