lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2016, 06:01 PM   #1001
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygb View Post
I have 3 working 1228's ...but NOT the know how or expertise to carry out the procedures you have mentioned .
Once you hack your registry to set your access level to the highest setting, it will reveal itself in your PC programmer menu
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2016, 01:12 AM   #1002
EVJF
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Once you hack your registry to set your access level to the highest setting, it will reveal itself in your PC programmer menu
Hi Bob,

For a newbie, is there an easy method to put the "the OEM data to program into your FTDI interface EEPROM" per the earlier posting with all the FTDI data listed? I am aware of the FTDI program called "FT_Prog" and can see the pre-existing EEPROM data set.
EVJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 03:09 PM   #1003
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVJF View Post
Hi Bob,

For a newbie, is there an easy method to put the "the OEM data to program into your FTDI interface EEPROM" per the earlier posting with all the FTDI data listed? I am aware of the FTDI program called "FT_Prog" and can see the pre-existing EEPROM data set.
Yes, that is the data you must overwrite. The HDD crashed on my PC that I set up for hacking the interfaces. I did get that PC back up and working, but I have yet to restore the lost data. I've been so busy with other projects. I did look for the backup drive a bit, but gave up when higher priority things came up that required my time.

I ordered a brand new OEM Curtis interface before returning the programming stations that I had leased for years. I tried to go the official route and place my order with a source here in the US, but all they were willing to sell me was a Dealer level interface. After being an authoized Factory level OEM for so long, that was not OK with me. So I ordered it from a source in China.

It took over a month to arrive, and by the time it did, my contract and NDA had ended. When I had time to spend on it, I hooked it up and read out the data. I wrote it down so I could post it for others to use. Other than figuring out how the program determines and stores access level, I've not spent a lot of the time required to make hacking these interfaces easier for others. I had hoped that others here would take the information and move forward with it.

FWIW, retiring is not all it's cracked up to be. You work harder for no pay, but the end result is more satisfying. It's worth it in the long run

Bob
Old 03-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #1004
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Where can I find the 4 pin molex connectors?
Thanks,Muddog
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #1005
satfrx
Getting Wild

Look on a PC powersupply, or adapter cord between powersupply and mainboard these also use these 4-pin molex connectors.

Google for something like this.
Pentium 4 Power supply cable PC 12 volt 4 pin molex
satfrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #1006
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Well, Thank you very much.
It's a whole lot easier to find, now that I know what it is I'm lookin for.
The controller is hard to access, so I wanted a pigtail to hang off of it.
The extension cable is perfect.
Thanks,Muddog
Old 03-05-2017, 09:28 AM   #1007
satfrx
Getting Wild

Did anyone also try using an FTDI chip with changed vid/pid?

Installing the software and chosing the 1309 cable it seems to make no difference if the 1309 cable is connected or not. It will show oem anyway.

When I have a chip with only vid and pid programmed the software instantly changes from oem to user when I try to read.

I don't think the settings are stored in registry or anywhere else but are checked every time there is serial activity like reading or writing data from or to your controller.

Simply building a cable with an FTDI chip and change vid and pid using ftprog or mprog does not seem to do the trick. Changing registry or configuration files do not help.

I tried this with het 4.6.7 Version of the PC programming station.
satfrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #1008
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Would like to make 4 pin molex to 3 pin round adapter cable.
Where can I find the connector that plugs in under F/R switch on Club Cars?
Thanks,Muddog
Old 03-15-2017, 05:34 AM   #1009
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by satfrx View Post
Did anyone also try using an FTDI chip with changed vid/pid?

Installing the software and chosing the 1309 cable it seems to make no difference if the 1309 cable is connected or not. It will show oem anyway.

When I have a chip with only vid and pid programmed the software instantly changes from oem to user when I try to read.

I don't think the settings are stored in registry or anywhere else but are checked every time there is serial activity like reading or writing data from or to your controller.

Simply building a cable with an FTDI chip and change vid and pid using ftprog or mprog does not seem to do the trick. Changing registry or configuration files do not help.

I tried this with het 4.6.7 Version of the PC programming station.
Sorry that I did not notice this post sooner. I don't monitor this thread.

Did you make sure that the FTDI chip that you used is genuine FTDI? The chinese have semi-successfully copied the FTDI chip function-wise and sell them, some with the same markings as the genuine chips. They do not function identically and the newer FTDI driver can detect the differences. I have not seen your issue where once the registry is set that it fails when reading or writing with the FTDI cables that I made. Mine works perfectly every time.

I wish I were able to help you more with this. I did get my crashed computer back up and running, but not all files were recovered. I've been so busy with national security issues lately that I've not had time to spend on hacking the interface. I just made it home from Washington DC a couple of nights ago.

Bob
Old 03-15-2017, 05:52 AM   #1010
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddog View Post
Would like to make 4 pin molex to 3 pin round adapter cable.
Where can I find the connector that plugs in under F/R switch on Club Cars?
Thanks,Muddog
Follow the link for that round connector used in the E-Z=GO adapter cable post I made earlier in this thread. Go to the source site and look at the similar connectors until you find the one used by Club Car. Those connectors come in a variety of contact numbers, keyway positions, and types of threads in the retaining ring. It can take me hours of comparisons to find a correct source for a connector. Very few manufacturers will reveal the brand and part number for a connector they use, as it provides security for their technology.

Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts