lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
avelino
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 club car 36v POt. or V-Glide?

Hello, I figured it out on my own (since there were no replies) changed my '93 c.c from resistor type to solid state (w/ controller) I had bought a potentiometer from cart zone, they said I would need this, but was told by someone else that I could still use my existing V-Glide, Is this true & if so, anything else for my existing V-glide to work (like resistors?) Hopefully someone would reply this time. Thanks
avelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: 1993 club car 36v POt. or V-Glide?

I will try to answer this for ya? If I miss something hopefully someone will chime in. You can use the VGlide if it "is" of the resistor type. Some have about 6 large battery cables going to those lugs on the outside of the VGlide--if it is that type, then no you can't use it.(well you could but it costs the same to upgrade the resistors as a pb-6). The advantage of using the Potbox over the VGlide with resistors is much smoother throttle response. The VGlide only gives you 5 or 6 throttle positions. The PotBox theoretically you have unlimited throttle positions and super smooth throttle response. You have to make sure the controller matches your resistor settings. I cant remember which is which but some are o-5k ohms resistance from no throttle to full throttle; others are reveresed 5K at no throttle to 0K at full throttle. I have a feeling it could really suck if they weren't matched components and you turned on that key. Hope this helps a little....since you have the potbox already, I would personally mount that in there. Its a bit more work but I feel you wuld be more happy with the results
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

After rereading your first post I see you had the VGlide with all the battery cables., It can be upgraded with a resistor kit which costs in the area of $100, and its an easier fix, but the results are not as good as a full potbox pb-6 and controller conversion as explained above. Sorry I guess I read your post to fast the first time
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
avelino
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for taking the time, and your detailed response. I really appreciated!! & very helpful.
avelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car