lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Rancid
Not Yet Wild

Default Conduit bending

What do you bend 1 3/4 " thick wall conduit with , Conduit is differt than tubing right . This stuff is thick . Can post pics .
Rancid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Conduit bending

Try a 1 3/4" conduit bender. It's just like a regular conduit bender, only bigger. Northern Tool maybe?

BTW, sure hope your not making anything structural (roll cage?) out of that stuff.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
Rancid
Not Yet Wild

I'm going to make brush guard & bumper . Ive looked every where and cant seem to find a 1 3/4 manual bender besides I think you would have to be the hulk to bend this stuff with a hand bender .
Old 12-10-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The large benders come with longer handles. Leverage is your friend.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Gorno is right my lever is my best friend, don't even try any bends on stubs of tubing tho. You need a long tail to make bends with manual benders.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
Rancid
Not Yet Wild

I think I will post a pic tomorrow of this conduit , I bought it as conduit not shore it is tho . It is ten feet long no stubs but thanks for the thought don't wont a cracked scull . Stuff is real thick instead of bending could you cut angles and weld to make brush guard any body tried that ? any pics ? I might sell this stuff , what should I buy & where ? Something easier to work with .
Old 12-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
oldtimer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Any electrician friends? Most electricians, etc. would have access to to benders. And they are pretty darn good at hitting your dimensions. I know all I would have to do is ask and a couple buddies would bend up what I would need. Check around.
oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is pretty big stuff ..... I would think you will need a power tubing bender for that? They are not cheap either... Yes, people have tried cutting the angles and welding the pieces together ....... when they are all done it just looks, well.....angular!
I have 1/2 and 3/4 inch EMT hand leverage benders.....recently bought some 1" for windsield frames but can't find the bender?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #9
greengobblin
Getting Wild

Club Car

a conduit bender for that size pipe is a ratcheting bender thats what i used for my roll cage and rear bumber, only i used 1 1/4" aluminum conduit
greengobblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #10
UBERCART
Gone Wild

You wont find one for the size. Make friends with a commercial electrician and gain access to his chicago hydralic bender.
UBERCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center