lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo frame IS ezgo suspension.

Used Pops a good bit today doing yard work, he has to earn his keep. First time I have used him since I beefed up the frame. With the strengthened frame it's like there is no rear suspension at all.

Frame flex seems to be 50% of the rear suspension. No frame flex equals rough ride. But he worked like a beast!
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo frame IS ezgo suspension.

You can Over-Strengthen a frame.If its' too rigid and doesn't flex,cracking will start where it wants to flex.Trust me on this,I've been around racing my whole life,and I build trucks for a living(stretch and shorten Heavy-Truck frames,install bodies).I've seen what happens when they are "Beefed" incorrectly.Keep an eye on it,and see how it holds up is all I can recommend.Hopefully all goes well,and you don't have any problems.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice. I beefed it up because it rusted completely thru in the rear tire well. This frame is complete junk, rusted into Swiss cheese. Just added steel to make it last till I find a new frame or a cheep cart to replace it with.

I figured the frame support would stiffin it up just didn't realize how much.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiltz View Post
Thanks for the advice. I beefed it up because it rusted completely thru in the rear tire well. This frame is complete junk, rusted into Swiss cheese. Just added steel to make it last till I find a new frame or a cheep cart to replace it with.

I figured the frame support would stiffin it up just didn't realize how much.
I found one for you yesterday if you're interested PM me and I'll send you the link
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO