lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
calincoltsdad
Not Yet Wild

Default 25" tires w/ 6" lift questions?

I want to run 25" tires on 12" wheels on my ClubCar. I have a Plumquick lift that will be set on 6". What offset will I need for the wheels? Will they need to be different from the front and back rims? Will I have any problems with rubbing or clearance issues? The front tires will be 25/8-12 and the rear tires will be 25/10-12.
calincoltsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 25" tires w/ 6" lift questions?

These kinda seem like questions you should be asking Plumquick, after all its their lift. They look flimsy to me but should be ok for going about 10mph.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
calincoltsdad
Not Yet Wild

If you've seen one in person you wouldn't say its flimsy. It's probably the most versatile lift that is out there. Don't worry i've found out that I can run 25" tires at 6" of lift without rubbing. Haven't seen too many other lifts that claim that.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Maybe flimsy isn't the right word, more like questionable, (Just My Opinion nothing against PlumQuick). I know they work and have seen carts with them. I'm just not a big fan of any spindle lift and making them adjustable only adds to it. Spindle lifts are ok on tractors and riding lawn mowers, things that run slow that don't have suspensions. They really multiply all the stresses on suspension and steering components because of the added leverage associated with them. (wheel on a stick) This will cause premature failure of those components.
Glad you figured out your clearance questions
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
calincoltsdad
Not Yet Wild

That's why you add heavier springs and shock. Very simple really, if you think about it.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

learn sum'pin new every day!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts