lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2023, 12:49 PM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: ECO Battery - Gen1 vs Gen2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrider1999 View Post
I installed my Gen2 48v 105aH ECO battery July. 8, 2022, and I suppose it was some of the first Gen2 versions. I have not had any issues with it. Runs perfectly. I would assume they may have made some firmware updates since then, but if they did, I'm not sure what they could have changed to make it work better.
One of the largest variables is the golf cart they go into... Huge difference in demand depending on the cart. Aftermarket alterations and also different types of drives and things like regen. Also different folks are installing them and sometimes things may not be ideal. For instance a few weeks ago someone was asking why the shunt meter on their lithium pack was not accurate at all but he had the charger wires connected in a way that they bypassed the shunt so it didnt count the energy going back in. Then you have things that are left on or hardwired that draw current all the time but less than the bms /shunt might detect properly like reducers and such. They should almost require professional installation to cut down on the variables and problems.

No battery pack company can possibly test and account for all these variables IMO.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2023, 02:33 PM   #12
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ECO Battery - Gen1 vs Gen2

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
The differences we are aware of is the supposedly improved meter and on off switch..
The meter should not be reading off from sitting nor should the battery self discharge (like FLA). I believe they have a shunt meter which should keep pretty accurate track of state of charge once you fully discharge and recharge the battery while connected to calibrate it.

Do you have some sort of load on the cart while sitting like an improperly wired reducer that draws current all the time instead of being switched?
Appreciate everyone's input - in response to your question about load while cart is sitting - in my 2012 with the Gen 2 battery, the meter stays on constantly with the tow run switch in either the run/tow mode, it also stays on with the key on/off regardless of run/tow switch position (slight constant drain unless battery is shut off at the battery side). The battery will drain a few percentage points per day.

Searching on this issue in this forum I was led to believe that the controller is pulling a slight current at all times to ensure cart does not move on its own. I was also led to believe that the Gen 2 meter was more sensitive than the Gen 1 meter to pick up that slight current draw as my 2005 meter shuts off within 30 seconds of the key being turned off - it will stay on with a slight current draw if key is in the run position.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car