lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2023, 05:28 PM   #81
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Allied lithium 48v 150ah

Worth a try but the problem here is that as soon as that top cell hits 3.65v the BMS will disconnect the charger and most BMS’s won’t balance unless connected to a charger. Catch 22.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2023, 05:30 PM   #82
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
have you tried leaving it on the charger fully charged to balance ?
Yes, Its pretty much been plugged in continually since installed. After saying that. When I moved it into the shop this morning I didn't plug it in. Plugged in now will check in the morning.
cre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:51 AM   #83
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Just thought I would update this. Reached out to Total Lithium with my concerns of cell variance. They gave me an Admin PW to log into battery and toggle a bit called "FCC".
Completed this and still have a significant min to max cell variation of about .300 when fully charged. I have noticed that when under load or not fully charged that the variation is minimal .005. I pushed for a new battery and was assured that if a failure would occur that the battery would be replaced free of charge without pro-rating. We will see. Over all I am fairly pleased with performance.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:41 AM   #84
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I am pleased with mine as well. Performance is great and I love not checking the water every week.

Curious as to what your AH reading is at 100% charge? You have the 105ah battery, how close does it get to 105ah at full charge?

With lithium batteries, is it suggested to run them low before charging? I have yet to run mine below 70% and I just top off every night.
gable74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:12 PM   #85
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Yes, I believe it has always topped out at 105ah. I will verify this weekend when at the lake. I have always plugged mine in when not in use. The lowest I have ran the battery is about 77%.
Old 10-29-2023, 11:55 AM   #86
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre73 View Post
Just thought I would update this. Reached out to Total Lithium with my concerns of cell variance. They gave me an Admin PW to log into battery and toggle a bit called "FCC".
Completed this and still have a significant min to max cell variation of about .300 when fully charged. I have noticed that when under load or not fully charged that the variation is minimal .005. I pushed for a new battery and was assured that if a failure would occur that the battery would be replaced free of charge without pro-rating. We will see. Over all I am fairly pleased with performance.
I’m on my second battery and the password for the original battery doesn’t work on the second. What was your password?
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha