lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2023, 02:10 PM   #11
Reburg9999
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 48v batteries into 110v inverter as alternative to gas generator?

This is a great idea. I have a small solar rig on my shed, but never thought to put an invertor on the cart.... One more thing to add to my list now. lol
Reburg9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2023, 02:17 PM   #12
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just make sure when you purchase an inverter that you get one thats output will not exceed the max output of your batterys BMS.

Also if you plan to use with sensitive electronics (TVs, Computers and such) make sure you get a pure sine inverter. They are more expensive then the modified sine inverters.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:13 PM   #13
Rick2280
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have the 1500-watt 48volt inverter wired to a 50amp quick disconnect plug on my Club Car Precedent. I ran #6 wire from batteries to the back compartment and I lay the inverter on the rear step, did not have room for it Anyware inside cart. I used it during our last hurricane in Florida plugged it in at night to run a light,tv,and one refrigerator. Ran all three all night and still had plenty of battery left in the morning when I would start my Noisy generator back on and recharge cart. Samsung side by side only pulls 5.3 amps which is only 675watts at 120 volts ran all with no problem. what was really nice was having the tv on local channel during the hurricane to watch what was happening in real time. hard to run a generator during a hurricane outside! Got mine off of Ebay for $140.00 dollars 48volt DC to 120volt AC if interested go to Ebay and search this number 115155101417 hope this helps. Rick
Rick2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 09:28 PM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyramencart View Post
Appreciate everyone's responses, I picked up a 1500w inverter and my plan is to wrig it up before this hurricane season. I really like the idea of the solar power + inverter combo as this could really be an apocalypse mobile!
im loving mine... so far I haven't needed to ever connect an external charger and it gets used almost every weekend at our campground. Its practically always 95-100% charged all weekend I'm loving the solar roof and cant believe more people arent building them that way.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!