lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2023, 05:35 PM   #51
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: fe290 rev limiter disconnected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
Put the g-boost HD spring on my clutch and replaced the buttons. Cart is running 21mph at a normal RPM of 3800. 23" tires. Figured i might? have gained a little speed but I can't complain. I could feel the torque immediately after I put on the heavier spring.

I’ve read the HD springs lose a little on the top end but I’ve never had one myself. However… It’s clearly a nice improvement over what it was before :) and the extra low end is kinda nice too.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2023, 10:25 AM   #52
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: fe290 rev limiter disconnected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

I’ve read the HD springs lose a little on the top end but I’ve never had one myself. However… It’s clearly a nice improvement over what it was before :) and the extra low end is kinda nice too.

Yeah ive read that they either lose a little top end or stay the same... either way my cart sounds way better at normal RPMs and doesnt sound like its going to rattle apart

at least now nearly everything has been replaced between the rear end and the motor. most of the work i had done on it before was cosmetic/lights/cleaning but its always ran well for being a 27 year old work cart- lets hope nothing in my motor gives me problems now (knock on wood)

thanks for the help everyone i definitely need some guidance sometimes
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car