lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #21
2 STROKING
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Running C/C rearend in reverse for forward

Ok, so tonight I went out and put a mark on my tire, and one on my driven clutch. I then pushed the cart and counted the revolutions on the driven clutch until the tire made one complete revolution. Then I switched the shifter, kept pushing the same direction and counted the revolutions on the driven clutch again (and yes the driven clutch was turning the opposite direction). For some reason I got 12 revolutions on the driven clutch to one revolution on the tire. I got the same number no matter what I done. Both forward and reverse have the same ratio? 12:1?
2 STROKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #22
Larboc
Getting Wild
Columbia

I'd run it. From the diagrams it looks like that idler is fully supported with bearings.

On older snowmobiles with mechanical reverse they used to do some pretty wimpy setups for reverse gears using pinions. Only works fine for limited use.
Larboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #23
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Per my 97 and 07 manuals: they state that the CW unitized transaxles have 11.8:1 forward, and 17.1:1 reverse.

Don't know if this helps you at all, but it's something!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #24
2 STROKING
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

After doing some more research, it appears that my 91 club car transaxle is a 12.4~1 ratio for both forward and reverse. If that is the case, and knowing that the reverse gear is supported, I have to say I can't find a reason not to run it as Larboc has said. Unless some one gives me a good reason not to go with it. I still can change to a 8~1 ratio later if needed.
2 STROKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:50 PM   #25
CCGC2004
Not Yet Wild

2 Stroking...I am new to the forum and do not know how old this postbis, but I am contemplating doing the same thing with my ezgo transaxle to avoid having to use a jackshaft to get alignment with the engine output shaft. Did turning your transaxle around work for you? Thanks in advance!
CCGC2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:02 AM   #26
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGC2004 View Post
2 Stroking...I am new to the forum and do not know how old this postbis, but I am contemplating doing the same thing with my ezgo transaxle to avoid having to use a jackshaft to get alignment with the engine output shaft. Did turning your transaxle around work for you? Thanks in advance!
There are dates on the posts, this one's from 2013.

So, what are you trying to do? Run a 4 stroke engine in this cart? If you start your own thread, I'd be happy to jump in and help.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:03 AM   #27
CCGC2004
Not Yet Wild

Now I see the date! I will submit a thread later this afternoon...thank you for reaching out!
Old 09-29-2020, 03:09 PM   #28
CCGC2004
Not Yet Wild

New thread posted - "Help with 4stroke engine coupled with a 2002 Ezgo Dana Spicer transaxle".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!