lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Pulse fitting

When installing the pulse fitting in a clone motor, do you drill through both walls of the valve cover or just one? What size hole do you use and what do you use to seal it?
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Pulse fitting

ONLY one if it is a 6.5. this is what I did mine by:

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/fuel-pump-setup.php
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks 1moretoy, that's what I needed to know. That looks like a great site for info and parts.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Talked with these guys about modifying my motor and they had some great suggestions. Going to send them my head to have milled and also picking up heavier springs and keepers, fuel pump and air cleaner with adapter.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

[QUOTE=gray horse;789283]Talked with these guys about modifying my motor and they had some great suggestions. Going to send them my head to have milled and also picking up heavier springs and keepers, fuel pump and air cleaner with adapter.[/
Cool. I changed all the stuff they suggested too.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You need to drill through both, the larger 390-420cc clone has a different cover than the smaller engines and is harder to do. On the exhaust side there is a little triangle spot that the outside is pressed to the inside, drill it there, there are pics posted here someplace. Use a 1/8th inch pipe thread to barb fitting not a 1/4. Drill is a 21/64 or something like that use a npt tap and whatever drill it says to use. Hole will be just above the lip around the cover, mine is about where the exhaust points out.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Guess I missed the engine size
Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It depends, the larger clones the cover is different I ran into that. Look at my thread 'second G9 clone...' in the clone section I posted photos of the engine and you can see the fitting above the exhaust (if the cylinder were straight up).

I did not put anything on it and have a slight oil residue there now, so I need to take it out and seal it with something. Maybe RTV I would guess. It is in there fairly tight. Don't run the pipe tap in all the way, you leave it out some so it tightens up.

The top of the cover is open to the hose that goes to the carb for engine fumes. The lower part under the cover is open to the engine and has pressure in there. There is a one-way valve in there so fumes can go out to the carb but not come in, at least I think that is how it worked when I inspected it. Some say it will work above the partition, but not sure how since it is open to the air. This cover is like a PVC valve it lets the stinky blowby fumes go to the carb and get burned up. It will stay clean until the engine wears out then it will have lots of blowby and fumes coming out of there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #9
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
It depends, the larger clones the cover is different I ran into that. Look at my thread 'second G9 clone...' in the clone section I posted photos of the engine and you can see the fitting above the exhaust (if the cylinder were straight up).

I did not put anything on it and have a slight oil residue there now, so I need to take it out and seal it with something. Maybe RTV I would guess. It is in there fairly tight. Don't run the pipe tap in all the way, you leave it out some so it tightens up.

The top of the cover is open to the hose that goes to the carb for engine fumes. The lower part under the cover is open to the engine and has pressure in there. There is a one-way valve in there so fumes can go out to the carb but not come in, at least I think that is how it worked when I inspected it. Some say it will work above the partition, but not sure how since it is open to the air. This cover is like a PVC valve it lets the stinky blowby fumes go to the carb and get burned up. It will stay clean until the engine wears out then it will have lots of blowby and fumes coming out of there.
What I meant was, I didn't see where gray horse was running a BB and responded that the 6.5 hp (212) engine like mine only went through one wall of the VC.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #10
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm running a Predator 346cc motor. The vc has the breather valve in it but does not have any place where the inside and the outside come together except at the edge or lip. I'm looking at drilling the plastic insulator block for the carb and installing a press-in fitting. I've found a couple like this on different sites. Doesn't look to be much of a job to do.

Also wondering what drive clutches will work on the clone motors. My cart had no motor when I bought it so I have no clutches. Looking to pick one up but not sure what will fit on the 1" shaft.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps