lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Default 'Drink Holder

I have a TXT with the four canned drink holder in the dash. The holes for the cans are too small for my drink glasses. Has anyone come up with a mod to make the holes larger.........even if there is space for fewer drinks. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks KIX
Kix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 'Drink Holder

how much do you need for the glasses to clear? if its not much, maybe you could convince it with a heat gun???

could router out the tops and use standoffs to support a plate across the bottom. standoffs
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

here ya go... i made ya one! unfortunately, its virtual and only works on teh internets.
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cup_holder.jpg (120.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg stock_cup.jpg (24.7 KB, 14 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Sonic...........thanks for the ideas and especially the virtual one. I had thought about the heat gun but am concerned about keeping the hole round. Maaybe I should buy smaller glasses......
Old 08-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
here ya go... i made ya one! unfortunately, its virtual and only works on teh internets.
-sj
Nice. I want some of what your drinkin!

Mine need to be big enough to hold a Snapple bottle. Thinkin maybe a drum sander might make 'em big enough.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kix View Post
Sonic...........thanks for the ideas and especially the virtual one. I had thought about the heat gun but am concerned about keeping the hole round. Maaybe I should buy smaller glasses......
Smaller glasses ROOKIE
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You need some tervis tumblers... 24 oz, fit in the holders, and they have several different types of lids for them to keep your drink in and the bugs, dirt, etc out! My local bed bath and beyond has a massive display of these things in every theme you can think of. Keeps your drink cold too!

Get with it man If you need a bigger cup than that, call me...we need to go out and have a few drinks

Lika this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg terv.jpg (26.6 KB, 7 views)
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: 'Drink Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
You need some tervis tumblers... 24 oz, fit in the holders, and they have several different types of lids for them to keep your drink in and the bugs, dirt, etc out! My local bed bath and beyond has a massive display of these things in every theme you can think of. Keeps your drink cold too!

Get with it man If you need a bigger cup than that, call me...we need to go out and have a few drinks

Lika this:
I was thinking about the large Tervis' as I was reading the posts above and then....you have the answer. Thanks. there's a Beall's store in town that has those on display........a little pricey but it looks like they will work well.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lifetime warranty too, I took off with one on the roof not too long ago, (it didn't survive) sent it badk to Tervis and they replace free of charge! I've sent back 3 or 4 over the years and they replace with no questions asked!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #10
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
Lifetime warranty too, I took off with one on the roof not too long ago, (it didn't survive) sent it badk to Tervis and they replace free of charge! I've sent back 3 or 4 over the years and they replace with no questions asked!
I've heard that before but never tried it...........yet
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center