lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
sbailey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default clutch removal

I wanted to start off by saying thank you to all of you on this board. Have been reading the post and have become somewhat informed about my Club Car. The problem I have is on a 2006 cc ds gas, 290cc kawa engine and I cant get the clutch off. I know it is reverse threads on the center bolt and I got that out. I have tried the bolt with the spacer rod ( bent three of them, now using a allen wrench cut off) to pop it off and the 2x4 method. I won't budge. Will the special puller bolt be my only option. I am trying to install the 200 rpm spring.

The only mods I have are a allstar 6" lift, 12" rims with 23" tires, Heavy duty leaf spring kit.

Scott
sbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
04retro
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: clutch removal

need an answer also thanks jc
04retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

The puller could turn out to be the cheapest. Alot of time the clutchs will be very hard to come loose and you don't wish to break it. Have you tighten up on the push bolt and hit it to shock the clutch loose? did you try and spray with spray rust loosener? Are you using a impact to try to break it loose?
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

All of what Pa said and lots of grease on the puller bolt.
Let it sit with tension and rap the end with a hammer and tight again, over and over
again.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
sbailey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes I have used pb blaster for two days. I have bent two of the filler 1/4" rods. One was a grade 5 the other was heat treated then cooled in oil then I used a allen wrench with the top cut off. That was the only one that didn't bend. I have only use a socket wrench no impac and have not tried any grease on the bolt. With the last attempt the threaded bolt was hard to come out so I may have damaged the threads on that one. I will try a new one with grease next time. This sucker will not budge.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Many times you just about have to have a impact on the really hard ones, have you hit the head of the bolt to try and shock it loose this is a must if only using a ratchet and socket.
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
sbailey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you. I will try the impact next and hitting the head of the bolt to shock it next.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #8
vzdude
Gone Wild

I took mine off today. Was very hesitant to do so after reading many with issues. I bit the bullet and bought the puller as well. My puller has an allen head cap screw holding the spacer shaft in place as well that suck out past the head of the main puller bolt, so hitting the end of it wasn't an option. I opted to hit my wrench with a rubber mallet. Didn't take much of a hit either! For what its worth, there must be a different set of threads inside the clutch . The puller was right handed threads. Took a little bit to get it started in the threads, but once it went in, wallah !
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car