lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Lifted without buying a lift

So I needed a little mental health time, (I have not been in a good head space at work). so I took a couple days and immersed myself in the garage with the cart.
I removed the front axle, cut the saddles off the bottom and rewelded them to the top of the axle. same with the rack and shock mounts.
then I removed the rear, Flipped the axles over cut the shock mounts and rewelded them back to somewhat of the original position.
I didn't measure before and after but I got about a 3 to 4 inches of lift out of the project. I feel very accomplished and i believe my head benefitted form not having to think about work for two days..
I should have documented and took pictures along the way, but I was just not feeling it.
here is a before and after photo. You can see the difference in the wheel wells.
Now back to the body work....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2195.jpg (143.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2222.jpg (168.7 KB, 0 views)
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lifted without buying a lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briboy View Post
So I needed a little mental health time, (I have not been in a good head space at work). so I took a couple days and immersed myself in the garage with the cart.
I removed the front axle, cut the saddles off the bottom and rewelded them to the top of the axle. same with the rack and shock mounts.
then I removed the rear, Flipped the axles over cut the shock mounts and rewelded them back to somewhat of the original position.
I didn't measure before and after but I got about a 3 to 4 inches of lift out of the project. I feel very accomplished and i believe my head benefitted form not having to think about work for two days..
I should have documented and took pictures along the way, but I was just not feeling it.
here is a before and after photo. You can see the difference in the wheel wells.
Now back to the body work....
Bigger wheels\tires would look very nice!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I want to get the body work done and paint before deciding what wheels/tires to go with.
I am figuring with the paint I picked it will look good with 20" tires on the 8" rims with the Chrome Full Moon hub caps... Kinda vintage looking.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:49 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yes. Paint will be great....get rid of that...well.....color?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #5
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

OH the joy of Fiberglass work.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2236.JPG (105.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2237.JPG (107.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2238.JPG (92.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2240.JPG (144.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-13-2020, 12:14 PM   #6
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Coming along nicely! Gonna keep the roof off? On a side note, I don't know what you do for work, but keeping a fresh, clear and happy head is so important. I'm glad you took some time to do that, but keep at it. Mental health is so important and undervalued.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:01 PM   #7
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thank You. I run all of the IT needs of a High School and Middle School, and this Covid/Political Nightmare has me wound tight.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:43 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
I want to get the body work done and paint before deciding what wheels/tires to go with.
I am figuring with the paint I picked it will look good with 20" tires on the 8" rims with the Chrome Full Moon hub caps... Kinda vintage looking.
I think that will look great on that cart.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:45 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Thank You. I run all of the IT needs of a High School and Middle School, and this Covid/Political Nightmare has me wound tight.
i feel for you. I have a friend who is a teacher and know what he is going through with all this virtual stuff. Can only imagine what it has been like for you.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:15 AM   #10
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Here in NJ its Brutal... But not here to talk work. LOL.
Here is a stock photo of the EG6023K.
The roof will go back on and my paint scheme is Ford Blue to replace the Yellow and Bright White to replace the Silver.
I am spraying it with Valspar Implement paint single stage. I already have it on the shelf so why not.
All LED lighting and a Marine Radio.
These are street cars in Asia, so they come with windshield wiper, Horn, Blinkers, 4 way flashers, and Brake lights.
I bought 4" tail lights with integrated blinkers, and clear marker lights for reverse lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EG6023K.jpg (20.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts