lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
Roger-D
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Forward/Reverse Switch

Good day all, I am converting my old Yamaha 36 Volt Series with Alltrax SR 48500 and D&D HP Motor. Can I use the DS heavy duty forward/reverse switch even though it is for a 48 volt system? I know this well need a heavier switch than the stock switch.

I also posted on the Yamaha thread and hope that was not wrong. I believe, though, that the new motor I am putting in is from the old model club car, and the wiring is all new. I am doing a total upgrade. I just wanted to know if I can use a DS48 Volt forward/reverse switch in my conversion.
Roger-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2020, 12:28 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Forward/Reverse Switch

Since there are no 48v series Yamahas, there are no yamaha 48v HD F&R switches. So, no, I'd say that's not gonna work.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #3
Roger-D
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OK, thanks
Old 09-30-2020, 03:34 PM   #4
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you are converting everything, why not change to sepex? I believe you can do that if you are running all new wiring. However if you already bought the controller and motor, I guess this does not really help.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:19 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Technically the answer is yes. You can use any manual rotary style F&R switch from any make or model if you have the skills to mount and wire it correctly... Because series is series regardless of whose name is on it.

Case in point, I adapted an Ezgo TXT type F&R in a Yami. It wasn't fun - but it can be done.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:02 PM   #6
Roger-D
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: Forward/Reverse Switch

Thankyou, Mr. Scotty;

I purchased a heavy duty ds switch which I can mount. Then all I have to do is figure out the wiring to my PB 6 ,do you have any tips?

Thanks a bunch Roger.::
Old 10-01-2020, 09:47 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A PB-6 throttle signal is self contained 2 wire system. Both wires go to the controller.
It may also have a micro switch on it that activates the solenoid or ?
From your posts we cannot tell exactly what cart you are working on and what your question is.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:51 PM   #8
Roger-D
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you; I have the pb6 installed, I just had to do a lot of adjusting to the pedal, but it seems to be ok. With the SR48500 the two wires from the throttle to the controller should work, I believe the controller will activate the solenoid.
I have replaced all the wiring in this old g2 Yamaha. The only thing left will be the key switch, but I don't know about the half speed reverse. Would you have any advise on that subject? I really appreciate your advice, this is my first attempt at modifying a cart!

Roger
Old 10-02-2020, 04:37 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

So, it's all working, but you would like 1/2 speed reverse? If so, that should be little problem
probably just linking the pink wire to the controllers "reverse" terminal.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:14 PM   #10
Roger-D
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the info I will go out and take a look, don't think I have a pink wire . Will let you know.

Roger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha