lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2020, 06:33 AM   #1
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Down on power at start-up

Good morning to all.

So lately, last couple weeks I suppose, I've noticed that my '92 3pg seems to be sluggish when I first start it up and run it. Almost like it won't rev up to it's maximum RPM's. Once I get it warm it seems to be as it should, climbing hills and running at what I consider to be it's top speed.

I've done a compression test thinking that maybe I am down a little bit. Came back at 110 both in F/R and with the engine hot and cold. Not great but still not that bad. I've checked to see that the throttle was opening all the way which it is even though that wouldn't really explain why it's weak when cold and strong (stronger) when hot.

I also thought that maybe I was losing a little compression with maybe the head gasket (?) not completely being sealed with it cold and then the heat expanding and sealing it when hot but with the compression the same both hot and cold I sort of ruled that out.

Would the reed valves have anything to do with this? That is sealing better when hot than when cold? I literally know about nothing reed valves so...

I've searched the forum for carts with similar problems and found nothing but carts losing power when hot, just the opposite of me.

Anyway, just tossing this out there for some opinions/thoughts on the matter. Hoping that someone has had a similar problem and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any advice, I appreciate it!
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
3pg, cold, loss, power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO