lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default 200 G16 weak...

I have a 2000 G16 I have put together. I have new batteries, and a DD motor 170-001-0001 should be higher torque than stock about the same speed. The cart would randomly stop, if you cycled the key it would go again. This was happing while someone else was on it, so I replaced the solenoid. Now its still shutting down and seems weak, with 2 people and 200 lbs of corn the cart struggles. Is this too much for the stock controller? Also will the controller also randomly shut down. It sucks since everytime I drive the cart its great I drove it 5 miles with no issues yesterday.
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2020, 11:42 AM   #2
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 200 G16 weak...

As I am pondering this I have done some looking at replacement controllers, but I don't see any that work for the G16 with the JN4 controller. Is there nothing out there?
Old 09-26-2020, 11:52 PM   #3
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

i am not sure if the controller is weak. You can certainly get a replacement 300-500 amp controller. If you do, you need to replace the motor most likely.
That D&D may be fine though.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:40 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The way the controller is wired, it's not quite a "plug & play" swap, that's why no one list it as a "kit". An alltrax SR controller can work fine in there. (Once you get its wiring sorted out).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:01 PM   #5
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Got my manual for the alltrax, it has the wiring diagram. Now to find one in stock....Red hawk says next week guess Ill wait.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha