lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2020, 07:35 AM   #1
Mblaze001
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax error codes - Throttle?

It's been a year since I purchased and installed an SR48500 and subsequently purchased and installed the heavy duty Dual solenoid FR device. Since then, the cart has run very well.

Just in the past few days the cart has stopped running. I hear the solenoids clicking, so I think that's Ok. I watched the status light on the controller while depressing the throttle, and after I get the first green light indicating a 0-5K throttle, I get 2 green lights and 6 red lights; the controller instructions says that indicates "Low Throttle under range".

So I checked the resistance on the throttle and got 0 ohms when not pressed and infinite ohms when fully depressed. So, bad throttle, right?

I had a spare 0-5K throttle with reading from 0 ohms up to 4.66KOhms, and installed that electrically. Still get the 2 green and 6 red lights. This really surprised me. Obviously, the cart didn't go.

Decided to recheck the old throttle and now I get 0 to 7100 ohms, just like I did a year ago. (The cart ran fine with that throttle over the past year.) So I hooked it back up and still get the 2 green and 6 red lights.

I would love to hear your suggestions on how to get this fixed. Is there some adjustment or calibration on the throttle switch? Is there some reset I need to initiate, or programming to do to delete that error code in the controller, or do you think I have other issues with wiring, throttle switch or, God forbid, the motor?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Mblaze001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
alltrax, melex, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts